24

24

A Chapter by Nickalas Cannon

McKenzie walks inside a small building and shows a old guy her badge. "Detective Zelc, I need to look around your yard sir." "Go right ahead, ma'am." She steps outside and scrolls around the yard, the old man comes up behind her and scares her by speaking, "Is there something in particular, you are looking for?" "Yes, I'm looking for a Mercedes-Benz." The old man raises his eyebrow and points over to the silver Mercedes-Benz E-Class, "That's the only one we have, ma'am." "That is the one, thank you sir." McKenzie walks over to the vehicle, puts gloves on and searches the car. She runs her fingers on top of the front wheel, and it stops as she finds the hole.

The hole was big enough for her two fingers. She picks through it and feels something. McKenzie grabs it and pulls it out, it's a bullet. A gun clicks, like the sound of pulling the hammer back, "McKenzie step away from the vehicle!" She does what the man behind her says and turns around, it's Jefferson. "Your in it too, Jefferson! For how long?" "Since the day you took him to jail." McKenzie is shocked but knows what is going to happen next. He walks up to her and turns her around, about to put handcuffs on her, but she slams the back of her head into his. Jefferson falls back, dropping his gun. McKenzie goes to grab it, but Jefferson grabbed her by the hair and slammed her into the car. She kicks him in the leg, he falls to the ground and she kicks him in the face. Jefferson collapses into the ground, and McKenzie grabs the gun. She points the gun at him as he gets up. "Now, McKenzie you don't want to do this!" "You let him kill Sam!" Jefferson goes to grab his secondary gun out from the back of him, but he was too slow. He got shot in the chest. Jefferson stumbles down, dropping his other gun. McKenzie hovers over him, he coughs up blood and manages to speak out some words, "She is still alive McKenzie. Listen to the walkie-talkie." He dies, after a few more coughs. Once she leaves, he fades away into mists.


© 2013 Nickalas Cannon


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

120 Views
Added on July 31, 2013
Last Updated on July 31, 2013
Tags: mystery, suspense, science fiction


Author

Nickalas Cannon
Nickalas Cannon

Rocky Harbour, TX, Canada



About
I turned 21 and I figured I should be able to express my feelings of poetry writing and blogging. I work with the elderly everyday which is demanding and yet very satisfying more..

Writing
I am I am

A Poem by Nickalas Cannon