26

26

A Chapter by Nickalas Cannon

Both of them are pacing in the room, thinking hard on what to do next. "What is the possibility that this is really not happening McKenzie?" "I have no idea, but that could be what's going on." A gun fires, bullets fly through the home, McKenzie and John launch down to the floor and hide. A man yells, "McKenzie!! You killed Jefferson, McKenzie!" John looks over to McKenzie and she says, "I'm sorry, I forgot to tell you that I did. He was working with Collins." John lays his head back onto the wall, "That was Collin's brother, McKenzie." "What?" "Collins' brother was Jefferson, who was a Detective at the station." Her eyes open widely, more bullets are fired, "McKenzie come out now, that way it won't be harder on the both of us." John yells, "Collins, why don't you put your gun down." "Is that you John? Good, now I don't have to go and find you." He pulls the trigger again, a bullet goes through the wall between McKenzie and John. John tilts his head over and looks into the hole and sees Collins. Collins is wearing; kevlar vest and using a MP5. John whispers, "Give me your gun McKenzie." "Why? What are you going to do?" He looks over still whispering, "I'm going to shoot him in the leg." McKenzie hands over her 9Mm Beretta 92FS. John gets into a position that he can see through the hole with the gun inside. He trys to pull the hammer back quietly but it makes a click, Collins heard the click and jumps into cover.

"You trying to hurt me John?!" "No, just to help McKenzie and I in the situation we are in!" "Ah, I see." "Well that's not going to work John!" He takes the clip out of the gun and sees he has one bullet, "Well maybe you are lucky today, John!" "Why do you say that?!" "I only have one bullet left!" "Yeah I guess so." They stop talking, John is back to his hiding spot not pointing the gun out. "Where is he, John?" "I don't know, I don't see him." Collins barges into the back door, John points the gun at him and he throws the MP5 at his hand. The Beretta is knocked out of John's hand, Collins tackles John to the ground. He slams a few punches into John, before he kicks him off. Collins gets up quickly, John grabs the Beretta and points it at him. Collins has McKenzie as a cover and has a knife up to her throat, "You pulled the trigger or come any closer, she dies!" John gets angry, showing a lot of emotions, "Let her go!" "No, I'm going to take her as a hostage and make you find us!" "How Collins, if you don't tell me where to meet up?!" "Use your head, John!" John takes a small step forward, and Collins throws the knife at him. The knife stabs into John's leg and he falls to the floor. Collins walks backwards into the darkness with McKenzie, leaving John on the floor trying to pull out the knife.


© 2013 Nickalas Cannon


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

106 Views
Added on July 31, 2013
Last Updated on July 31, 2013
Tags: mystery, suspense, science fiction


Author

Nickalas Cannon
Nickalas Cannon

Rocky Harbour, TX, Canada



About
I turned 21 and I figured I should be able to express my feelings of poetry writing and blogging. I work with the elderly everyday which is demanding and yet very satisfying more..

Writing
I am I am

A Poem by Nickalas Cannon