27

27

A Chapter by Nickalas Cannon

John is struggling up, dragging himself around, he lays against the wall trying to pull himself up. He is able to get up, leaping over to the home phone and dialing for the hospital. A woman speaks on the other line "This is Mount Carmel Hospital, how can I help?" John winces in pain and says, "Is Dr. Muller there?" "No, I'm sorry sir. He just clocked out and went home." "Can you give me his home phone number?" "I'm sorry sir, I can't give that information out to you." "Please this is an emergency, I need to get his help, please!" The woman gives in and tells him his number, John writes it down as soon as he finds a pen. "Thank you."

He types in the numbers and hears the rings of the phone until it is answered. "Hello." "Dr. Muller, I hope your not busy but I need your help?!" John winces a little more while listening, "I was just reading the paper but, may I ask who is this?" "It's John." "John.?." "Johnathan Switz, I was one of your patients. I was in that car wreck that went into the lake." "Yeah, yeah. I remember now, how can I help you Mr. Switz?" "Well...Do you think you can touch me up a bit because I just pulled a knife out of my left leg?." "John, where are you at!?" "On 311 Knight Street, I'm in Columbus." "I can be there in five minutes." Dr. Muller hangs up and John lets go of the phone as he slides down the floor.


© 2013 Nickalas Cannon


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

124 Views
Added on July 31, 2013
Last Updated on July 31, 2013
Tags: mystery, suspense, science fiction


Author

Nickalas Cannon
Nickalas Cannon

Rocky Harbour, TX, Canada



About
I turned 21 and I figured I should be able to express my feelings of poetry writing and blogging. I work with the elderly everyday which is demanding and yet very satisfying more..

Writing
I am I am

A Poem by Nickalas Cannon