29

29

A Chapter by Nickalas Cannon

McKenzie is in a chair, handcuffed with a rag tied on her mouth to keep her from talking, in the same room that Collins was tied up in. Collins comes down to the room and takes the rag off her mouth and she says, "It's been two days, what you going to do with me Collins, kill me!? You going to kill me Collins, huh! For what, putting you in jail!?" Collins puts the rag back in her mouth and she just mumbles. He hits her with the back of his hand across her cheek, her head immediately turns and hair covers the hit mark until she moves it back. "I'm going to take you to the lake and I'm going to kill you and your friend John and dump both of you in the lake!" Collins walks back up the stairs, leaving McKenzie alone once again.

John is staring at the wall longley, not blinking but thinking hard. Thinking hard for, 'Where would Collins go to?' He continues to think and go over many things while closing his eyes; McKenzie and John going to the lake for the car, crashed into the lake more than once, McKenzie's wreck was at the lake. John's eyes open widely and mumbles to himself, "The lake!" He nearly jumps up but he remembers the knife wound. John places one of his hands on the cut jeans to feel, but he feels nothing. He feels nothing at all; no scar, just smooth skin. John jumps up onto the floor, feeling fresh and new.


© 2013 Nickalas Cannon


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
Added on July 31, 2013
Last Updated on July 31, 2013
Tags: mystery, suspense, science fiction


Author

Nickalas Cannon
Nickalas Cannon

Rocky Harbour, TX, Canada



About
I turned 21 and I figured I should be able to express my feelings of poetry writing and blogging. I work with the elderly everyday which is demanding and yet very satisfying more..

Writing
I am I am

A Poem by Nickalas Cannon