33

33

A Chapter by Nickalas Cannon

John pulls the Beretta that was hidden behind his back and fires his gun out at Collins. Collins pulls a gun out from behind him and starts shooting at John. McKenzie jumps out of the car and hides beside it, shaking her hair wildly to get the bobby pin out of it. It falls out of her hair and lands on the ground, she fidgets to grab it and unlock the handcuffs. Both guns are being fired upon, both walking forward shooting. Bullets are flying and not hitting either one of them on their body. John shoots and Collins pulls, the two bullets fly and spiral through the air. Both of the bullets get close together, and impact on each other bodies. Collins falls before John, dropping their guns beside them. McKenzie has the handcuffs off of her hands and gets up to see what has happened. She sees John and Collins on the ground both, laying cold still on the paved road.

McKenzie runs over to John, passing Collins. Once she gets to John she sees that he was wearing a kevlar vest underneath the shirt he was wearing. McKenzie is relieved to find out her only friend and partner is alive. She helps him up and he walks over to Collins clutching his side as he walks. He sees Collins laying there, bleeding to death. The bullet hit his chest, like the bullet hit his brother's. He spoke words, "I guess I thought I was the best. I thought I was going to kill you and have you dead along with McKenzie..." He coughs some and speaks again, "I was just being ignorant to not wear a vest, but you believe me this is not the end John. This is not the end..." Collins dies, being a cold blooded killer. John puts him in the trunk of Collins' car, gets in the driver seat and turns the car around, facing the still smashed guard rail. When John steps out of the car to put a brick on the gas pedal, Collins fades away like his brother did, into mists. John sets a brick on the gas pedal and watches the car go into the lake and sink.


© 2013 Nickalas Cannon


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

108 Views
Added on July 31, 2013
Last Updated on July 31, 2013
Tags: mystery, suspense, science fiction


Author

Nickalas Cannon
Nickalas Cannon

Rocky Harbour, TX, Canada



About
I turned 21 and I figured I should be able to express my feelings of poetry writing and blogging. I work with the elderly everyday which is demanding and yet very satisfying more..

Writing
I am I am

A Poem by Nickalas Cannon