34

34

A Chapter by Nickalas Cannon

John sits in between McKenzie and the radio she is listening to. It's the same one he listened to earlier. Only the buzzing sound echoes through the narrow street and woods around them. Just listening to it makes them want to turn it off, but they feel like they can't just yet. McKenzie says, "Is it over John? Is it completely over?" "It cant be McKenzie, it just doesn't feel right." They sit there for a long period of time, just listening to the buzzing noise. Figuring out if this is truly over or not, working to conjoin their heads together.

Everything starts to turn bright, white. Everything around McKenzie and John. They are looking around as everything is disappearing into mists; the trees, hills, clouds, sky, ground, lake, water, guard rail. They have no idea what is going on. Are they dead or alive, they question themselves? The radio still buzzes, but becomes louder and louder.

Once everything is gone, it feels like open space. Like anything can be put in there to get rid of the open space. John yells out, "Hello..." It echoes back using the same words. "John...Is it over?! Are we dead or alive John?!" "We are alive McKenzie, but that is all that I know." The buzzing continues as they pace around until it dramatically stops buzzing. A man's voice speaks, the professor's voice, "This is only the beginning...."


© 2013 Nickalas Cannon


Author's Note

Nickalas Cannon
That's it you guys. It's the end of this one. Hope you guys liked it. You can give me a review if you want also.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
Added on July 31, 2013
Last Updated on July 31, 2013
Tags: mystery, suspense, science fiction


Author

Nickalas Cannon
Nickalas Cannon

Rocky Harbour, TX, Canada



About
I turned 21 and I figured I should be able to express my feelings of poetry writing and blogging. I work with the elderly everyday which is demanding and yet very satisfying more..

Writing
I am I am

A Poem by Nickalas Cannon