Midnight Nation's Conversations

Midnight Nation's Conversations

A Story by nickchidiac

        My father was an actor who would often take my sister and I with him on his nightly walkings of the dog, mostly on weekends because of our respective bedtimes on the nights before the days we spent in school, and occasionally he would engage in friendly, or sometimes not, conversations with strange individuals cruising the midnight nation in search of just such encounters. It wasn’t until I was 17 that I reached the conclusion that this was a device to aid his performing skills. However, I also concluded that this ‘device’ could be of large aid to the skills of a human being. The skills which guide us down our own personal highways when the street lights have burnt out and we have but one working headlight. A truer knowledge of fellow animals could not be attained then in this course of action. Though I am a poet in profession and act no more than anyone does to the faces of others, I do as my father did and converse with my surroundings, immersing myself in humanity like a true romantic. I guess I will never know exactly why my father did what he did, but I will always have the hope that he did it for the same reasons as I will always.

© 2010 nickchidiac


Author's Note

nickchidiac
my dad is really not much like this, hes not an actor, etc. therefore, this isnt really in relation to me. its just kinda something that came to me while sitting in a car at a gas station and noticing some strange people that were around. i like how it turned out actually. let me know what you think.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow, I really like this. It's a really cool story, and I love the main character's reminiscence of his father's actions. Great work. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


It's just a small paragraph but you can feel the thousand page story within the "simplicity" It's not a lot of information but it's enough to make us curious and want more.

Posted 12 Years Ago


A very good short. You have a conversational voice in your writing, it comes across as though you're speaking in person, which makes for comfortable, unpretentious reading. Nice work...

Posted 13 Years Ago


Interesting idea

Posted 13 Years Ago


I think you've created your own style. It's not quite a story, not quite a poem. It's like a daydream or a realization...reads sort of like an epiphany or a making sense of one's situation or habits. I definitely respect what you've done.

Posted 13 Years Ago


i don't hear from you alot, but when i do...damn! we do need more than anything to emerse ourselves in our surroundings. a past time of mine is to sit at airports, bars, cafes and malls just to observe, converse and become whatever is around me.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Cool! I think it is a little short, but it has really expressive language.

Posted 13 Years Ago


"Immersing myself in humanity like a true romantic". That's my favorite line. I love that. And I also love how this idea came to you. I think that people are so interesting and inspiring. Also, walking is the cure for your souls disease.
Beautiful job.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow, very..deep in some way...
yep, most people do tend to get self centre this days...

Posted 13 Years Ago


Nice observations of your surroundings and people. Compact little though provoking write.

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

671 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 7, 2010
Last Updated on November 7, 2010

Author

nickchidiac
nickchidiac

Walnutport, PA



About
Hey my name is Nick. I'm 20 and I like to write. Music is a huge influence in my life and my ipod has 12,000 great songs and is pretty much my prized possession. I write what I feel and that is someti.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Let's Let's

A Poem by Miss Coral


Addicted To You Addicted To You

A Poem by Bubo