Practically Perfect

Practically Perfect

A Poem by MandaBear
"

Based off of something I read in a word search. crazy? Love or Hate?

"
She was launched upon the world practically perfect.
Every charm, virtue, grace, and every strength known.
She was the envy of all women and the desire of every man.
Even the gods were envious of her and wanted her to go away.

Her looks were fatal that was no secret.
She used them every chance she got to get what she wanted. 
Not caring who she hurt on her way.
How could something so perfect be so evil?

Vanity was no object and she had plenty to spend.
Her virtues soon became her vices.
Soon her strengths became her weakness.
Maybe she wasn’t as perfect as she lead on.

Inner beauty was the one thing she couldn't achieve.
While yes, she did have outer beauty her insides where as black as her heart.
Using herself to make others feel worst about themselves was her favorite pastime.
Well, my dear the truth has one fatal defect.

Even with all the grace, the charm, the virtue, and every strength in the world she made herself forever unprofitable. 
Its what inside that makes you beautiful and in her case she was ugly inside and out.

 Beauty is within it doesn’t matter what you look like You are beautiful……

© 2013 MandaBear


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

well said sister, i feel inspired.


Posted 11 Years Ago


Amazing, what a superb description of someone, that's def going to my favourites =D

Posted 11 Years Ago


The assessment of beauty is such a delicate thing and imperfect science. Everyone sees beauty in different ways. If you remove the skin, the muscles, the organs, we all look identical and not very beautiful, but in fact rather hideous. Then true judgement of logical beauty can only be based upon actions. The way the layers of our exterior is applied, is seen differently by each of us as to physical beauty. One man's pigs ear can be another man's silk purse.

Posted 11 Years Ago


The poem told a logical story. Inner beauty is lifetime. Outer beauty can fade away and hide a sad heart.
"Beauty is within it doesn’t matter what you look like You are beautiful……"
Thank you for the outstanding poem.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


nice story..
and very honest.

Posted 11 Years Ago


This was great!

The last line was wonderful and something that everyone needs to hear.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Beauty is skin deep with out a doubt, the faulse skin is thin and we can see right through it! you make a good point I bet there s many a perfcet looking person walking about, whom, inside is as grey as the sky today. Very clever write.

Posted 11 Years Ago


true write. i like the honesty.

Posted 11 Years Ago


A very good story you told here, personally, this meant quite a bit to me, as I can relate to it well, thank you, it lifted me up a lot, brightened my day!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Thanks so much. This is so true. Looks aren't everything... even though I think every woman has gone through a time where they just want to be "Americas Next Top Model", a lot of those women, just as in your poem, aren't very nice to people and they try to tear others down.

Thanks again for posting!

Starr Mist

Posted 11 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

535 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 29, 2012
Last Updated on June 27, 2013
Tags: perfect, word search, charm, virtue, grace, poem, poetry


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Wrong Wrong

A Poem by MandaBear


I am Written I am Written

A Poem by BLBrown


ONLY A MOTHER ONLY A MOTHER

A Poem by afra