Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Love is a Sport

Love is a Sport

A Poem by Silent_Whispers

Love is a Sport.

Love is a combination of games we all need practice in before we can ever really play along.

Some of us sit in the sidelines and wait patiently until we get the opportunity to take our shot.

Some of us are so blinded by our own unrealistic expectations of scoring a hole in one, that we just keep moving onto the next par, without ever really appreciating the great shots we've taken along the way.

Some of us even spend so much time racing around the pitch of discovery, wondering what team it is we should be playing for.

And yet, some of us, burn ourselves out racing around a court with the aim of taking that winning shot we've always dreamed of, only to miss, if we haven't been knocked down or injured along the way first.

Love is hard work, and can sometimes take years to find or even perfect.

Some of us just have to ask ourselves, is love really worth fighting For?

© 2019 Silent_Whispers


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I don't think it's something we really ask. It's more intuitive than that. With time and wisdom love becomes effortless. Love is a reflection of what we seek. Insightful penning...

Posted 3 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Gee
Yes, love is worth both waiting for and then investing your whole self into, well, once you find the right person. No doubt you'll have to snog a few frogs before you find your Prince :)))

Posted 5 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

74 Views
2 Reviews
Added on January 6, 2019
Last Updated on January 6, 2019
Tags: Poem, poetry, love, sport, games, feelings, thoughts, emotions

Author

Silent_Whispers
Silent_Whispers

CLONBUR, Co. Mayo, Ireland



About
Hi there and welcome to my profile! Feel free to add me, pop me a message, send on a read request (I promise I will eventually get around too it!) I've wrote stories, poems and songs since I w.. more..

Writing