Living

Living

A Poem by white shadows

Life is full of uncertainties, and without these is there a point to life?
We were all brought into this world unwillingly, forced to suffer through today's society.

Was it our choice?
Would we have chosen this life?
Questions that remain unanswered. 

To live life to the fullest would mean to embrace this life. 
Do we really want that?

With all the possible successes to achieve in this life, does not mean we can ever come close. 
But to not take a chance at what was given to us would be a sin. 

Embrace what we can, do the best we can, but most of all be the most that we can. 

Life may not have been our choice, but it is now our burden to live. 
Stay strong, look to tomorrow, and be thankful for being a creature on our Earth.

© 2013 white shadows


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Interesting take on life....no, we did not ask to be born, that much is true. However, once here, making the most of every day and accepting certain responsibilities makes living so much more enjoyable. Lots to ponder in your words. LydI**

Posted 10 Years Ago


white shadows

10 Years Ago

Thanks Lydia for taking the time to give this poem a read. I am far from a poet and I don't write of.. read more
"Life may not have been our choice, but it is now our burden to live.

Stay strong, look to tomorrow, and be thankful for being a creature on our Earth."

A very good poem. I like the last ending the most...bravo



Posted 10 Years Ago


white shadows

10 Years Ago

I am glad that you enjoyed it. I kind of just wrote it on a whim last night.
Sami Khalil

10 Years Ago

OK. You are welcome...:)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

117 Views
2 Reviews
Added on October 23, 2013
Last Updated on October 23, 2013

Author

white shadows
white shadows

Bishop's Falls, Canada



About
I am a 23 year old guy from Newfoundland Canada. I have my degree and I am currently working on a masters degree. I am a supervisor at a coffee shop and I strangely enough (for me) I tend to write poe.. more..

Writing