I Should Have Known Never To Fall in Love during Winter Weather

I Should Have Known Never To Fall in Love during Winter Weather

A Poem by Taylor
"

A poem I wrote after a boy (my crush) teaches a girl (me and many of my friends) a very difficult lesson.

"
I remember when I saw you first. I never planned to meet you and I promised myself I would never fall in love. Well at least not again... I told everyone I was just young and dumb, but truth be told I fell in love... from the beginning I felt power surge and chills found their way to my hands and every other part of me that your cold stare just happened to wondered upon.

I should've known never to fall in love during winter weather, I know it now, One of many lessons I learned from you and your misgivings. I should have known... but I didn't at least not until after you... you when your perfect eyes, it all left me hypnotized... maybe it was a sign... there were so many I missed... well who am I lying to? I missed all the signs, signals, the warnings and cautions. I was never oblivious, not once before, I guess it is true when they say love is blind... I should have known never to fall in love during the winter cold... I should have never let you break down my walls. You left me unprotected and I was too busy building up my love and spending time with you to be on the defense... I should've known your love came at a price and your kindness was a lie. I never imagined my closest and most prized ally would turn into everything you promised to never be... I should have known to not trust those of you who smile the sweetest, were the most violent, and had the most things to hide... I should have known better...yet I didn't... maybe it was you and your perfect smile and maybe it was my pure heart. I am not naïve, but I still fell to thee!

I should've known never to fall in love during winter weather. When hands cold and hearts froze. The boy with the perfect smile and the brightest of eyes, well that didn't matter and it is here that I forever lie in the cold blood stained snow, like me it will never again be white and pure. You left me in the ruins of my once perfect kingdom Full of magic and dreams of princes on white stallions... nothing survived the fire, you left me without protection, homeless and bruised... you walked back to your autumn forest where the dirt was pitch black like your heart, you laughed as you repeated the words you once spoke to me, "let the walls drop to the ground" and I did so reluctantly, "or leave them up, but at the cost of company,"...'Company at the cost of protection,' your laugh echoed through the now lifeless meadow, the creatures coward at the sound of you. More like company at the cost of all things pure and serene. I should've known never to love during the cold... maybe it wouldn't have mattered because everything you do is cold, everything you are, everything you have ever been, everything you'll ever be... it's all cold and heartless, and you will never nor can you ever be anything more... and now I know... but it doesn't matter because...

I should have known never to fall in love during winter weather.

-Taylor Pennington

© 2017 Taylor


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

163 Views
Added on September 6, 2017
Last Updated on September 8, 2017

Author

Taylor
Taylor

lexington, SC



About
Still in high school. Love anime. Very sad inspiration. more..

Writing
Sleep Sleep

A Poem by Taylor


But A Dream But A Dream

A Poem by Taylor