"I'm not leaving a word unsaid"

"I'm not leaving a word unsaid"

A Poem by Daydreamer
"

Prayer.

"
"I don’t want to leave a word trapped inside this mess of thoughts; tangeled in fear it might burn in vulnerability, sounding shameful enough. My insides need to get strung together, so I could pull myself and carry me up altogether. I don’t want to leave scattered prayers all over my ribs, the syllables are looking for each other and are longing to intertwine together in words. I don’t want to leave a word unsaid. I don’t want to leave a word neglected. I want your help, God. I submit my heart to you and ask you in sheer faith to put it inside the hands of those worthy of it. I pray to you, God to protect my mind from the falseness of others, and my chest from my prison built in fears caused by their encounters. I ask you God, to send to my soul those worthy of its infinity, those who will sing along and celebrate the pauses just as much. I beg you, God to never let my soul be obliged to tolerate that which it would naturally reject. I ask you God to hold my palms and guide them to the exits outside the space of any connection free of sincere listening. I ask you to never put me in a position where I would be trapped inside a void, incapable of achieving understanding of those whom I know best. Please,God never make me feel the burning guilt of being “too good” to somebody, the regret of being too available. Plant distance between me & mixed signals. I will always beg, God to never make me open up unless it’s going to be therapy & learning. I ask you God, to never make me lose sight of reason. I will always wish that. Dearest God, please help me never seek setbacks after finding the ultimate truth, just in fear of having been driven way too forward by my speedbumps. I beg you to always make room for my words, everywhere I go. Strongest God, please never make me put up with what I would never be tolerated for in return. Please, never make me suffer more in hollow noise in my mind, thinking its the echo of a signal. Please God, take me out of all love that could be one-sided. Emerge me from all that tries to soak me up, and immerse me where I would be the freest. My captain, help me land among grounds where all I have to do in order to live happiest, is just be my fullest self. May by your mercy, I always find. The most generous Lord, all I am asking is belonging; to that which I deserve best and know most. Make me devoid of a paralyzing need, and rain on me drops of crystallized waters, my deepest thirst is for.
I ask you to give me enough courage to begin and continue my quest. I ask you to never electrify me with that which I could not bear. My backbone, I ask you to always whisper comfort in my heart after the storm. I ask you to help me crush my assumptions, and step outside circles that lead nowhere. Pull me always out of that which will disturb my heart the slightest, and never forget how much I need to be pushed back into that which I need the most. I ask you for the ability to clarify, distinguish and act, without being stuck for too long. I ask you to make the truth forever visible, and make me exit the paths of those with whom I never see the soft light at the end. Please, invest me into what’s real, and who you love the most."

© 2016 Daydreamer


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Amen. Just how you get the words to fall together so beautifully in place and spin magic I wonder. I feel so warmed and charmed after having myself immersed in this unique piece of work, the best kind of prayer I've ever come across. So many lines to adore and admire!
"I don’t want to leave scattered prayers all over my ribs, the syllables are looking for each other and are longing to intertwine together in words." - Wow!
"...help me crush my assumptions, and step outside circles that lead nowhere." - Your use of literary devices is wondrous!
The parts which I could relate the most to:
"Make me devoid of a paralyzing need" AND-
"My captain, help me land among grounds where all I have to do in order to live happiest, is just be my fullest self."- This is my favorite line too!!!
By the way, you did just what you said you would do in the title, haha. This was such a fulfilling read, Manal! You have a beautiful mind :)


Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Daydreamer

7 Years Ago

Your compliments can turn my dreams into reality! I just love you so muchhhhh❤❤❤❤❤❤❤�.. read more



Reviews

"tangeled in fear it might burn in vulnerability, sounding shameful enough. My insides need to get strung together, so I could pull myself and carry me up altogether. I don’t want to leave scattered prayers all over my ribs, the syllables are looking for each other and are longing to intertwine together in words."

Posted 5 Years Ago


"Pull me always out of that which will disturb my heart the slightest, and never forget how much I need to be pushed back into that which I need the most"

Posted 6 Years Ago


"I ask you God, to never make me lose sight of reason. I will always wish that. Dearest God, please help me never seek setbacks after finding the ultimate truth, just in fear of having been driven way too forward"

Posted 6 Years Ago


There are so many things we ask God for to strengthen us. It is a long road to Heaven but well worth the travel. Valentine

Posted 7 Years Ago


Daydreamer

7 Years Ago

Super right... I believe in every word you've written up there :)
Thank you!
Very spiritual and touching down to the bottom of our spirits. This prayer is a living proof of your deep faith and commitment to The Almighty. May He answers and blesses you in so many ways....An excellent write....:))))

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Daydreamer

7 Years Ago

I wish nothing but the same myriad bounties for you!
May the Divine bless us through everyth.. read more
Sami Khalil

7 Years Ago

You are welcome. God bless...:)...................
Amen. Just how you get the words to fall together so beautifully in place and spin magic I wonder. I feel so warmed and charmed after having myself immersed in this unique piece of work, the best kind of prayer I've ever come across. So many lines to adore and admire!
"I don’t want to leave scattered prayers all over my ribs, the syllables are looking for each other and are longing to intertwine together in words." - Wow!
"...help me crush my assumptions, and step outside circles that lead nowhere." - Your use of literary devices is wondrous!
The parts which I could relate the most to:
"Make me devoid of a paralyzing need" AND-
"My captain, help me land among grounds where all I have to do in order to live happiest, is just be my fullest self."- This is my favorite line too!!!
By the way, you did just what you said you would do in the title, haha. This was such a fulfilling read, Manal! You have a beautiful mind :)


Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Daydreamer

7 Years Ago

Your compliments can turn my dreams into reality! I just love you so muchhhhh❤❤❤❤❤❤❤�.. read more
Wow, this is probably my favorite poem of yours. Profound insights and perceptive diction and language in expressing them! This is a prayer that is worthy of remembering; the repetition is reminiscent of saying the rosary.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Daydreamer

7 Years Ago

Can never thank you enough! So grateful for having you enjoy my works :) please send me read request.. read more
I love this so much because it really did touch my heart in a hard time in my life. Excellent!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Daydreamer

7 Years Ago

Omg... I'm so grateful right now!! 🙏🙏🙏❤❤❤
A most poignant and deep meaning to this. One that flows with conviction and necessity, I feel. A release and yet searching, a time of humbling reaching :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Daydreamer

7 Years Ago

I miss you very much!
Thanks a million for your wonderful words & time!!
Wish you gr.. read more
Wow! this is a heavy write, a lot on your shoulders weighing you down.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Daydreamer

7 Years Ago

I know, it came off as extraordinarily long unfortunately.... but it was very pleasing to write.. No.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

624 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 7, 2016
Last Updated on July 8, 2016

Author

Daydreamer
Daydreamer

Cairo



About
Well, I live in an elucidation,in a moiety, in the middle of a reversible nature, between shadows of stunned truths, where nothing and everything exists. #18 years old "Female"👧 #Art lover .. more..

Writing
You You

A Poem by Daydreamer



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..