Global Warming

Global Warming

A Poem by Norbanus
"

People want credit for everything

"
The PC thing to do is fix the blame 
see only views that we are told are right. 
Let's pin the fault (that way we win the game) 
The finger points at him. (claim it's his fight) 
Why should we think that all is human's fault? 
The ice was melting for ten thousand years. 
There's not a dime to make on earth's default, 
but profit flows for those who milk our fears 
No doubt the warming of the earth is real, 
as is the ice age fading in the past. 
I turn my face up to the sun and feel
while praying for this global warmth to last. 
But humans do not have the power for this, 
and weren't around for warmings of the past, 
but love to claim it all in hubris,
Insisting only human cause can last. 

© 2017 Norbanus


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I'm afraid it is probably our modern technology that is ruining the earth, and they are trying to blame it on something else .But I like your poem with its jaunty meter and optimistic view. The ending is very pertinent, and I agree, nature (and the ethereal powers?) are FAR greater than mere Mankind. (ps I have finished my Can Mic save the Day story. ... I would love to hear your valued opinion.)

Posted 6 Years Ago


I'm sorry but your message is more worthy to comment on than the medium (very competent!). You are absolutely correct that natural temperature variations and ice melting has taken place over the eons of earths history and will continue. But you are absolutely wrong (and ignoring the evidence) to say that humans don't have the power for this. In the last few hundred years we have released the CO2 from tens of millions of years worth of hydrocarbons.
The leaders that tell us that this is all a hoax have generally got some vested interest in this.
Please, read the evidence and leep an open mind.
Alan


Posted 6 Years Ago


Strange and provoking poem, yet written wiyh great skill and perfect haunting rhymes (once they enter your brain the won't leave XD).
The genre could be compared to political poetry, quite typical in the last century and brings a political opinion into pleasant verses. The tone of your poem is appealing, because simple and 'pop' (or 'popular'): a choice that perfectly fits the purpose of a similar poem (to be shared and well understood by the wider range of people). Funny and interesting, I must confess. I prefer not to comment the message itself, because I believe we would go out of scope and spend quite a long time to settle things down.
My compliments for your word usage and also for the choice of such delicate poetical genre.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Norbanus

6 Years Ago

Thank you very much for giving this piece a in depth review from a poetic literacy POV, rather than .. read more
Strong message, and witty philosophizing. Thoroughly enjoyed. Well done!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Norbanus

6 Years Ago

Gee Whilikers. You read another one. I can't tell you how much I appreciate it.
emipoemi

6 Years Ago

the pleasure is all mine.
I like the way you express your point of view without turning this into one side vs another. While I mostly disagree with the main jist of this, I've also pondered this viewpoint many times & have been drawn by the sensibilities of it. I do agree that humans think way too much of themselves as far as how much control we have over anything & everything. Your caustic commentary has a twisted appeal for me *heh! heh! heh!* Fondly, Margie

Posted 6 Years Ago


Norbanus

6 Years Ago

Anytime I can elicit a 'heh! heh! heh!' from Margie, I've done all right.
The earth is warming
Inevitably

Posted 6 Years Ago


Norbanus

6 Years Ago

It's a good thing, too. Another Ice Age, which is a sure thing someday, will spoil our whole day.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

434 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on November 27, 2017
Last Updated on November 27, 2017

Author

Norbanus
Norbanus

About
Norbanus is the leader of the Anus Clan, and has consumed his Biblically allocated three score and ten. He is a hero of all the ages, having witnessed the birth of planets, the drowning of the eart.. more..

Writing
Safe Earth Safe Earth

A Poem by Norbanus



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..