Style-Taylor Swift

Style-Taylor Swift

A Story by November Wilson
"

Another story inspired by the first words of a song. As you can see, I listen to a lot of Taylor Swift. I love how poetic she is with her lyrics, and I might be a total fangirl.

"

     Midnight, you come and pick me up, no headlights. If anyone knew about you I'd never hear the end of it. The eldest daughter of Pastor Jones dating a felon? If anyone knew about me, you'd never hear the end of it. The hot, school bad boy dating the "Praise Jesus" singing church girl? We sound like your typical bad boy, good girl couple. Like we just walked out of A Walk to Remember or Grease. But I'm not the long-dress-and-sweater-wearing-type and you're not the tight-shirt-and-leather-jacket-wearing-type. So, I guess we're somewhat different.

     The engine of your mom's 2000 Ford Taurus growls as you drive down my street. A shot of panic strikes through me. I hope that didn't wake my father. I stare at the faded number four on the stereo, pushed so many times you can barely tell what number it is. It must be set on someone's favorite station. My pinky repeatedly picks at the nail of my thumb as I resist the urge to play station four. Is it an Indie station, or heavy metal? Maybe country, or R&B?

     The engine stops as the car rolls up to our favorite place. Where my parents would never find us. Where your friends would never show up. Meadow Elementary School. I'd come here to write and escape my life. You'd come here to sing and escape your father's wrath. One day we both showed up. At the same time. In the same spot. Behind the school, underneath the maple, west of the birch. Where the moon seems to shine a bit brighter and the grass seems to be a bit softer.

© 2014 November Wilson


Author's Note

November Wilson
Tell me what you think about this one. I thought it could make a nice novella or even a series. It was mainly inspired by not only the song, but a mixture of movies I've seen. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

143 Views
Added on November 3, 2014
Last Updated on November 3, 2014
Tags: Taylor Swift, Style, 1989, Short Story