Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Market Size Of USD 957.59 Bn By 2028

Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Market Size Of USD 957.59 Bn By 2028

A Story by rahulnikade
"

The global pharmaceutical manufacturing market size was valued at USD 405.52 billion in 2020 and is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 11.34% from 2021 to 2028.

"

Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Industry Overview


The global pharmaceutical manufacturing market size was valued at USD 405.52 billion in 2020 and is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 11.34% from 2021 to 2028. 


The pharmaceutical landscape has undergone a massive transformation with the emergence of new technologies, cost-effective, and more efficient manufacturing approaches. In addition, increasing investment flow in this space has impacted the market growth positively. Manufacturing floor downtime and the production of product waste are reduced by the implementation of robotic technology and Artificial Intelligence (AI). In addition, single-use disposable solutions have gained momentum in this industry and have replaced conventional open transfer manufacturing techniques. Furthermore, the paradigm shift towards integrated, smart, and data-rich paperless operations has resulted in error-free and precise production. Such ongoing developments have propelled drug manufacturing. 


Gather more insights about the market drivers, restrains and growth of the Global Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Market


Constant progress in the field of personalized medicines has opened up numerous possibilities to target different health maladies and allowed the development of patient-centric models. This progress results in a shift from large batches to smaller batches for the development of complex medicines and autologous patient-centric treatments. This has also encouraged the manufacturers to redesign their supply chain to better align with the patient-centric health care system.


A rise in drug approvals by the regulatory bodies is expected to fuel the drug manufacturing procedures. For instance, the FDA approved 59 drugs in 2018, 49 drugs in 2019, and 15 drugs up to April 2020. Furthermore, a large number of ongoing clinical trials have created numerous growth opportunities for market growth.


Mergers & acquisitions in the pharmaceutical industry have increased in the past few years. Most of the well-established companies are consolidating to enhance their market position in the highly competitive environment. Whereas small- to mid-sized pharma companies are being acquired for their innovative capabilities. Moreover, stringent regulations to curb pharmaceutical prices have resulted in a large number of mergers & acquisitions. 


Browse through Grand View Research's Pharmaceuticals Industry Research Reports.


Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients Market - The global active pharmaceutical ingredients market size was valued at USD 187.76 billion in 2020 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.6% from 2021 to 2028. The growth can be attributed to the advancements in active pharmaceutical ingredient (API) manufacturing and the rising prevalence of chronic diseases, such as cardiovascular diseases and cancer. 

Biologics Market - The global biologics market size was valued at USD 276.6 billion in 2015. These products represent cutting-edge research and also enable the latest scientific discoveries. Such discoveries can be translated into novel therapies that provide new treatment options for patients.

Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Market Segmentation


Grand View Research has segmented the global pharmaceutical manufacturing market on the basis of molecule type, drug development type, formulation, routes of administration, therapy area, prescription, age group, sales channel, and region:


Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Molecule Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2018 - 2028)

Biologics & Biosimilars (Large Molecules)

Conventional Drugs (Small Molecules)

Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Drug Development Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion,2018 - 2028)

Outsource

In-house

Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Formulation Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion,2018 - 2028)

Tablets

Capsules

Injectable

Sprays

Suspensions

Powders

Other Formulations

Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Route of Administration Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2018 - 2028)

Oral

Topical

Parenteral

Inhalations

Other Routes of Administration

Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Therapy Area Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2018 - 2028)

Cardiovascular Diseases

Pain

Diabetes

Cancer

Respiratory Diseases

Other Diseases

Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Prescription Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2018 - 2028)

Prescription Medicines

Over-the-counter (OTC) Medicines

Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Age Group Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2018 - 2028)

Children & Adolescents

Adults

Geriatric

Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Sales Channel Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2018 - 2028)

Retail

Non-retail

Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2018 - 2028

North America

Europe

Asia Pacific

Latin America

Middle East & Africa (MEA)

Market Share Insights


February 2021: WuXi STA; a subsidiary of WuXiAppTec; announced to purchase a Switzerland-based manufacturing facility from Bristol Myers Squibb. 

February 2020: Merck partnered with a German firm, AMCM, to conduct clinical testing on 3D-printed tablets.

Key Companies profiled:


Some prominent players in the global pharmaceutical manufacturing market include


F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.

Novartis AG

GlaxoSmithKline plc

Pfizer, Inc.; Merck & Co., Inc.

AstraZeneca

Johnson & Johnson

Sanofi SA

Eli Lilly and Company

AbbVie, Inc.

Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.

Novo Nordisk A/S

Takeda Pharmaceuticals, Inc.

Cipla Ltd.

Bristol Myers Squibb Company

Gilead Sciences, Inc.

Order a free sample PDF of the Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research. 


About Grand View Research


Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.

© 2022 rahulnikade


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe



Author

rahulnikade
rahulnikade

Pune, Office No. 705, A Wing, 7th Floor,, India