Part 1: Where Are We?

Part 1: Where Are We?

A Chapter by J. R.
"

Part one of the interactive story

"
You awake.
You have a sharp, throbbing headache that makes it hard to think and your vision is blurred. 
You slowly and awkwardly  climb to your feet and look around you.
You aren't sure where you are. Your vision fortunately clears up enough to get a good look at your surroundings. 
You are in a sterile white room, the tiles are clean and shining. There is a small, tidy bed in the back of the room. There is a table with a small thing laying on top of it on the west side of the room. On the other side is a slate blue medicine cabinet with a few paper memos stuck to the side. The only sound is coming from the AC unit in the ceiling. The room is just cold enough to be mildly uncomfortable. You shiver a bit and stand up moment to examine yourself.
There is also a poster on the wall. It's a  picture of a gigantic city standing against a most unfamiliar landscape. Below the picture is a caption reading
"Aso III Colony, circa 2500"
You are wearing a white shirt with a matching set of white pants. It's a drab outfit, but comfortable
Right now, you'd really like to know where the hell you are.
You walk over to examine the object on the desk.
It's a flash drive. You'd love to plug it in to see what was stored on it and whether or not it had any answers to your questions, but alas, there are not computers in sight. you take the flash drive anyway in hopes that you could find a computer later on.
There is a door at the front of the room. A quick examination reveals that it is locked.
A wave of fear passes over you. Not only do you not know anything about where you are or how you got here, but there is the possibility that you could be anywhere. You could be the subject of some depraved experiment, you could be a prisoner of some mysterious authority, for all you know, you could have died and are currently in some form of eternal punishment.
All you know is, you need answers and you need them quick.
What do you do?


© 2011 J. R.


Author's Note

J. R.
Instead of reviews, post what you want the main character to do next. By doing this, you'll take part in writing the story.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is interesting, curiosity-provoking and very innovative in the field of entertainment writing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is an awesome idea. I'm tempted to be facetious becuz that's the kind of guy I am, but I'll try to be serious. No promises. Okay, first things first, find a way to reach the AC and raise the goddamn temperature. Next, read the memos on the blue medicine cabient for info, then search said medicine cabinet for useful things. Next comb the room for anything else I can possibly find (look under the bed? behind the table? endless possibilities!) After that, start banging on and yelling at the door while calling it filthy dirty names until something else happens. Your move J. R.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

370 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 12, 2011
Last Updated on April 13, 2011
Tags: escape, sci-fi, interactive, writerscafe, experimental, game, readers


Author

J. R.
J. R.

About
I am an aspiring writer who is interested in improving as a writer and getting my work out to the world. . more..

Writing