Part 3. You Know What They Say About Curiosity

Part 3. You Know What They Say About Curiosity

A Chapter by J. R.

An odd sort of idea strikes you as you stand in the hall. You retreat back to your room and immediately climb back on the chair under the AC unit.
You carefully remove the screws holding the unit together with you screwdriver.  You take the AC's front plate and set it on the floor. The AC's insides are a tangled mess of multicolored wires and other bits and pieces, nestled amongst some of the wires is a little box thing with a meter and a small sensor. You're pretty sure it's the thermostat unit. You carefully remove it from the AC and slide the little gadget into your pocket. You're pretty sure that it'll come in handy down the road, somehow.
You step down off the chair and look around the room, your eyes stopping on the poster. You have this theory about posters and stories like this so you go over to inspect it. You pull the poster away from the wall, tearing it slightly and behind it is a square hole in the wall.
You cannot see into the hole, and you don't feel like putting your hand inside. That'd be just dumb.
You turn away for just a moment and you see something drop out of the hole out of the corner of your eye.
The thing that dropped out appears to be a rather fancy looking handheld transceiver. You stare at it confusedly for about a minute until you hear a voice coming from the device.
"Hey! Is...Is anyone there?"
You cautiously step toward the transceiver, looking at it curiously.
"Do me a favor and pick up the com-talk will ya?"
You shrug and pick the device up. You reason that it couldn't possibly hurt you, right? 
You hold the com-talk to your ear and speak into it nervously.
"H-Hello?"
The voice gives a sigh of relief.
"Good to hear from another human being again."
"Who is this?" You ask, not sure if you should be frightened or not.
"Just call me Jay."
Before you can say anything in response, Jay speaks in a rather serious tone:
"Look, you're probably wondering where you are and what the hell is going on. A short bit of static muddles some of what he's saying, though you can still make out what he's saying pretty clearly.
"Step out into the hall, I'll tell you all I know so far."
You walk out into the hall, the signal is coming much more clearly now.
"Okay. We're on a planet known as 'Aso III'. People came here and set up a colony so they could explore the planet and see what kind of resources it had. Something terrible happened down the line and everyone went crazy. The files I've seen kept mentioning a kind of 'Pagal Ivy'. I think that might have something to do with it."
You're not really sure of what to say now
"How do we get out?"
"Look,I'm wondering the same thing myself, and if we're going to get off this rock, you'r going to have to trust me. Deal?"
What do you do?


© 2011 J. R.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Indeed. The main character (which will be henceforth known as MC) should go to the lifts and see where they go. Also keep grilling this guy about the situation, where, when, how, why and so forth. Seriously, trust him but don't trust him all the way. He could be a mole, or a plant! A double agent! This could all be one giant mindfuck of an experiment!

Posted 13 Years Ago


I vote trust him.

If this is anything like an old text based adventure game that thermostat is totally gunna come in handy.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

335 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 14, 2011
Last Updated on April 14, 2011
Tags: escape, sci-fi, interactive, writerscafe, experimental, game, readers


Author

J. R.
J. R.

About
I am an aspiring writer who is interested in improving as a writer and getting my work out to the world. . more..

Writing