Part 13: What Have We Here?

Part 13: What Have We Here?

A Chapter by J. R.

You look at the body on the table. Yeah, she's pretty good looking. She must've been a real looker when she was alive. You run your hand up and down her cold thigh and....
No.... You're not going to stoop that low. You will respect the dead this time. 
Moving on, you take the notebook and give it a once over.
It's full of diagrams, technical sketches, and notes. And what's this/ It's a diary of some sorts.
The dates are fairly recent, too! You might be close enough to get some answers from this fruit-loop minister.
----
* One of the tubes burst during the third test run. It's going to be hell finding a new tube with those things running around. 
* Found a replacement tube in one of the shops back in the Commercial Pavilion.  While I was there, I saw those demons hacking a dead body apart with tools taken from a hardware store. May God have mercy on our souls.
* Cut my finger on a piece of broken glass. I used the last of the bathroom's peroxide on the cut, but infection's not what I'm worried about, I think some of the life giving formula got in the wound. I am sure that the formula will raise the dead, The holy father himself told me so, but what will it do to the living?
You skip ahead a few entries, it's nothing but more technical babble you hardly understand.
* He spoke to me in a dream. He said I'm closer than ever, I just need a fresh body.
*It failed! I did everything he told me to! Why did it fail! What did I do wrong! I will try harder, I will succeed, I will raise the dead for him. I will succeed.
* Found a fresh young body, got her on the table before she went cold I'm so close I failed you before Father, but I will not fail you again
And that's the last entry.
You realize that he's going to show up any moment now and he will certainly not be happy to see a complete stranger tampering with his work. Crazy people are very protective of their pet projects. You beat a hasty retreat to the main room of the church, almost stumbling on the basement staircase in your hurry.
You arrive back in the main corridor. You look up at the stairs going up to the second floor. The filthy, rotting red carpet running up the steps. The second floor's the only place you haven't already been in this church. You're almost curious as to what is up there, but at the same time you just want to get the hell out of here.
What do you do?


© 2011 J. R.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

But, that guy might be upstairs. It's risky, Watts. MC should just get the hell out. No, wait. He should confront the minister. Yeah, that's it. He should confront the minister and force him to reveal his secret intentions! Bring the dead back to life? Bah! That was just the first step of my grand and evil scheme to rule the universe! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
Or maybe MC should quit dawddling and just escape this madhouse already!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Offer to "lend him your tube."

Also, go upstairs.

EDIT: We'll be fine. If we die, it will be boring.

Choose your own adventures work that way.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

258 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 30, 2011
Last Updated on June 4, 2011
Tags: escape, sci-fi, interactive, deep, space


Author

J. R.
J. R.

About
I am an aspiring writer who is interested in improving as a writer and getting my work out to the world. . more..

Writing