Humble Pie

Humble Pie

A Poem by nunldon
"

essay

"

I have this delemna, you see.

I feel like writing something yet I don't know what it will be.

Part of me is saying, "How can you write anything of value without some idea, vision or inspiration?

Well, I haven't the answer to that question, while another part of me says "who cares? just go on; begin writing and let it take you where it will.

Still another part of me has fear, thinking that it will come out dry, flat, uninteresting or just plain lousy.

This part was so strong that I almost discarded the idea of even trying yet I felt the need to write overcoming the fear.

I believe that the main reason for this need to write is simply the joy that I get from expressing my self.

It may may go clear back to the old "look mom, see what I can do!" (even though my mother passed thirteen years ago).

I like mystery and intrigue to help facilitate the juices in my readers minds yet because it feels more conducive to a relaxed atmosphere,

I like it when readers get toknow me better.

Although not knowing things is common to us all, we tend to fear the unknown.

This "not knowing" can feel frustrating or annoying; at least imparting an uneasy yearning to know.

Without a certain amount of confidence we can never really know anything at all.

Even with confidence we can still be wrong; as I believe is often "actually" the case.

On the bright side, our yearning for knowledge can be neverending; always driving us to gain more.

Only when we see the results of applying our knowledge can it lead to wisdom, although, not neccesarily in every case.

This is why I always like to leave a space for doubt.

I cannot count the times when I have been so absolutely correctabout something only to find that I was wrong after all.

I am not ashamed to say that I've even aquired a taste for "Humble Pie".

So, to wrap this up, I'll save some "Pie" for later.

I don't want to be a glutton.


© 2011 nunldon


Author's Note

nunldon
ever feel this way? (silly question?)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

110 Views
Added on October 28, 2011
Last Updated on December 27, 2011

Author

nunldon
nunldon

Pocatello, ID



About
Artist returning to school after 23 years. Good decision! I enjoy photography, drawing, singing/playing drums (music), reading and writing! more..

Writing
Pantoum Pantoum

A Poem by nunldon


Ghazal Ghazal

A Poem by nunldon