Abandoned Heart

Abandoned Heart

A Poem by Nikki Saya
"

This poem goes out to girls who have lost their loved ones from war or anyone violent attacks. This also goes out to all the soldiers who have fought or is fighting in honor of our country. I salut

"
She stares out into the open sea.... And her grief salutes his release.... How young he might be, he left this world... The thought of letting him go, had been ignored.... Complete silence as they drop a rose to his grave... She walks up to his grave and laid one hand to his name... She fell to her knees and felts weak... There was honor he gave.... To the country we call our home.... She could feel his presence that still roams... Tears roll down her eyes as she holds his picture in a frame... She heard the military band playing in the background and realize they came... The pain that devoured her mood felt like an abandoned heart... She knows they will forever be apart.. As he will be seeing the light of heaven... The comforting words of loved ones didn't prevent the weepin'.... She was supposed to walk down the aisle feeling complete, not alone.... As she lay his ashes onto the grave, she realizes she will never hear his voice through the phone.... Abandoned heart, how whole it might seem, affected her deeply... Now she has to say goodbye to her soldier, oh so quickly... In the distance his spirit still feels her warmth in the cold air.. To leave her behind, he cannot bare.... To have death come so soon, left his soul in shame... For his pain he cannot contain... The knowledge of leaving her, tears his heart into pieces.... It makes his spirit not want to leave this earth yet... But he cannot control destiny and time... As the angel beside him was his guide.... He wishes the clock stops and he can touch her face... Trace his fingers on the warmth of her body shape... Till it leaves her shivering.... He saw the congregation singing.... He knows that was God's calling.... Tears form as the angel lifts him to the sky... He blows a kiss to her from up above and promises her he will never leave her side...

© 2015 Nikki Saya


Author's Note

Nikki Saya
Comment below and tell me how I did!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

144 Views
Added on January 10, 2015
Last Updated on January 10, 2015
Tags: soldier, army, death, hardship, grief, romance, letting, go

Author

Nikki Saya
Nikki Saya

CA



About
Hi y'all my name is Nikki. I have always loved writing. Even though writing is a hobby of mmine I have always loved expressing my imagination on paper. Now I want to show my work to the public because.. more..