Black and White World

Black and White World

A Poem by neeshi
"

Self-expression, spoken word..

"

I live in a black and white world.  You probably do too.

 

The world isn't only black and white.  But I live in it.  There's so much more.  And so much more to see, feel, touch, discover and act out on.  For majority of my life so far, it's consisted of school, work and the occasional friend time.  That has become a black and white  world to me.  There's so much more I could be doing to change who I am morally and spiritually.  Heartbreak, school/work stress, self-interpretation of body image, not enough sleep, etc are all the little things.  Someone's always got it worse, and someone's always got it better.  Real life, it doesn't come down to you and your little heartbreak or the fight you're going through with your friend.  It doesn't come down to how many people you know, how much you party over the weekend, social status.  It comes down to what your self accomplishments are.  When I say self, I mean spiritual self.  Are you happy with who you've grown into and what you've accomplished?  If you ask most people what they would have done differently in the past few years of their lives, they can number off a whole list.  Only few will respond, I wouldn't change anything.  It's like the quote,  "One day your life will flash before your eyes.  Make sure it's worth watching."

Don't live in only the black and white.  Get out there.  Live.  Really live.  Let nothing slow you down.  If it does, let it go.  There is no better feeling than to be in silence and have a calm heart.  Rainbows exist for a reason.  Expand your horizons.  Discover the other colors :)

© 2013 neeshi


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really like the idea conveyed in this piece, you solidly express the moments one defines their life by and how there is so much more. Most importantly to me, you leave the so much more in life open to the reader to define which in it's own right makes the prolific. I must be honest in saying I like to hear a few flowing rhymes in a spoken piece that strongly drive home all the build up of the lines leading up. Of course this is a personal preference. As a whole this is strong and inspiring in the beauty you describe one should be seeking to define their life by.
Thank you for giving hope.
Sincerely
Chris

P.s. If anything in this comment offends I assure you it is not to that intent. More so to help and therefore I offer myself up for thought dissection.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I like to think of it, (and my afterlife), sorta like this:
You wake up on an unfamiliar shore, that is beautiful. You are wearing comfortable clothes with no pockets.
What do you do?

I found my peace, when I finally could answer "walk along the shore, and listen for the village"

Keep exploring. People should hear, and the colors will only deepen.
^_____________^

Posted 11 Years Ago


This whole world has nothing but black and white images, It is up to
us to see through them and live our day as it comes. So many people
don't realize there may not be a tomorrow. They carry on like nothing
can touch them or phase them that they don't see thier own life before
them and it's sad. I really like this write. It gives off positive feel and sense.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

272 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 18, 2013
Last Updated on April 18, 2013
Tags: life, discover, change, inspiration, live

Author

neeshi
neeshi

MN



About
Greetings. I'm an amateur writer, not nearly as skilled and balanced as majority of the artists here on WritersCafe. I enjoy writing from time to time. Most of my work is self-expression and spok.. more..

Writing
A New Day A New Day

A Poem by neeshi


PhD PhD

A Poem by neeshi



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Unmovable Unmovable

A Poem by M Sanders