Once Upon a Murder

Once Upon a Murder

A Chapter by Nyida Strong
"

Inside the killer's head

"

Once upon a time, there was a lovely princess. Her hair was dark as rich soil, her eyes as bright as sapphires, her heart was as warm as sunshine on your shoulders. She was the most perfect woman the prince could ask for, in every way she was flawless. They were married after a short courtship and their life was happy. They enjoyed each other's company more than that of anyone else in their court, their love was the sort that inspired songs to be written and stories told.


The price was the sort that would be easily overlooked by most in the kingdom. She, however, saw him from across the courtyard. He was, as ever, pouring over a tome. The price was not a warrior, he was a scholar with a kind heart. Never had a harsh word crossed his lips nor his mind. He was surprised when she made it known that her heart burned for his. Many of the women in the kingdom paid him little mind. They all seemed to be saving their hearts for a returning champion instead of a humble man of books. Not so with the princess, she longed to hear him speak and engage his mind in puzzles.


They were married five summers when tragedy befell his lovely bride. Her last breath was in his arms as her life's blood spilled upon the cold earth. A villain most foul sought the gold, jewels, and coin purse of the prince and princess, but was not to be satisfied. With not the slightest provocation, a blade sliced the air and sunk deep into the breast of the beloved princess. The prince howled in pain, his heart rent in two. The villain ran into the night with the bobbles he so coveted.


His princess was gone, the joy in his life seemed to be blown out of the world. Where once his heart was kind and sweet, malice filled him body and soul. The books that were once his solace before he met her were now pained memories of what should have been. Instead of finding peace, he found hatred and pain. Each smiling couple in love made him hate the world a little more. Daisies, her favourite flower, no longer smelled sweet, but were tainted with a foul stench of memory. How he hated them!


He longed to have his beloved back in his arms and if he could not have his happily ever after than no once could.



© 2013 Nyida Strong


Author's Note

Nyida Strong
Unedited for NaNoWriMo

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

196 Views
Added on November 21, 2013
Last Updated on November 21, 2013


Author

Nyida Strong
Nyida Strong

NV



About
When I first discovered my talent for writing, I was thirteen. I discovered that my loneliness wasn't the worst thing in the world. By creating other places, other worlds, other characters, I wasn't s.. more..

Writing
Finally Finally

A Story by Nyida Strong