Hunting #3

Hunting #3

A Chapter by Nyida Strong

CHAPTER 10-- Hunting 3-


It was pity the princess had to die. She was not good enough to be the woman he loved. She was not as beautiful in the mind as his beloved. This creature used the worst of common language, peasants spoke a more refined vernacular. When he carried her off in the chariot, her voice reached higher than angels and spurned God's ear. He had to be more swift than he normally would have been. He squeezed the life out of her, watching as the sparkle in her blue eyes faded to a dull haze. Cursing himself and his lack of patience, he now had to move more quickly than he normally would.


Having robed her in a new frock, he carried her into a house that was of ill repute. It was no small task to lift her from the floor, dangle her from the banister. She swung most gracefully, seemingly dancing mid-air. Part of him smiled at her beauty, part of disappointed in how little she was like his princess.


Now he was searching again for a perfect woman, a lady, so much like his lost beloved. She had to be here, she had to be. Perhaps this one, with the small smile that graces her body and soul. Yes, yes, his princess loved to smile, to laugh. Could she be the one? Mayhap, she would be the piece of his beloved that must have survived death? She could be the piece of his heart, if only he could convince her. The others, they did not want anything he had to offer. They only made noise and begged for freedom, as if he was holding them captive. He was a prince, not a jailer.


He allowed himself a small smile when she looked his way, hoping that she would return it.



© 2013 Nyida Strong


Author's Note

Nyida Strong
Unedited for NaNoWriMo

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
Added on November 21, 2013
Last Updated on November 21, 2013


Author

Nyida Strong
Nyida Strong

NV



About
When I first discovered my talent for writing, I was thirteen. I discovered that my loneliness wasn't the worst thing in the world. By creating other places, other worlds, other characters, I wasn't s.. more..

Writing
Finally Finally

A Story by Nyida Strong