Ion.

Ion.

A Poem by ObsidianSea

If I told you we could build skyscrapers, would you believe me?
If I told you I was free and careless, would you follow my lies to the end of the road?
Oh, if only I could show you what was behind the glass, behind the boards and under the seams. 
Never spoken, and never expressed but for the one I know. 
But not you, never you. Too afraid, and too sad to show. 
The ends of the earth never held the keys to the kingdom, but that's where I found the means to walk with the Son. 
But I never meant to take it this far with you, especially when I professed to be the prodigy I'm not, and will likely never be. 
Fact is, I'm me and you're you. Helped me to see, and managed to help you through. 
The road's come too far to stop, and I'm hoping I'm not too shallow to let go. 
But I'm radioactive, and I can't stop poisoning the earth I walk upon. 
The smoke that pours from borrowed eyes deceives me from the path I hoped to find and call my own. 
There are always two sides to a story, but mine has always been single-minded. Unable to cope and unable to feel. 
I hoped I could share it with you. 

© 2012 ObsidianSea


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

293 Views
Added on January 26, 2012
Last Updated on January 26, 2012

Author

ObsidianSea
ObsidianSea

Birmingham, AL



About
I'm a dreamer. 20. Male. Drummer. And a pretty crummy writer. Just peruse what i got and find whatever it is you're looking for. I have a particular taste for writing things about alternate.. more..

Writing
Aris Aris

A Story by ObsidianSea