Abuela

Abuela

A Story by Omar Ramon
"

An excerpt of my life

"
I begin to look around the cafe to see if there is an outlet nearby. I'm sitting outside so I doubt if I'll be able to find one. With nothing to charge my laptop, I resorted to thinking about what I'm going to do for the rest of the day. So I went to the gym this morning, 9:30am to be exact, By 1pm I had already cleaned up my room, I had my lunch and I visited my abuela afterwards. She's a always a laugh. She may be 82, but she's still sharp. I one time put on a show for her and purposely left the volume low. Soon after the show started, she complained to me that she was barely able to hear anything. In Spanish of course. Telling her that I can hear it loud and clear, she cracks a smile. I can tell she doesn't full on believe me. I do my best to hold in an intense laughter. "It's not all way up," she says. "I'm sure of it." I reassure her that I hear the show just fine and something must be wrong with her hearing. She then stares at the TV for a second or two, reconsidering she might actually be loosing her hearing. She looks back at me and says, "No, you left if low. I know it's not all the way up." I couldn't contain my laughter anymore. I begin to crack up on the sofa while she stares at me with a smile and begins to chuckle. "You still got it," I told her, still laughing. I get up to increase the volume and I leave. "You can't trick this one," I think to myself as I walk back to my room. "I hope I'm that sharp by 80."

© 2017 Omar Ramon


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

96 Views
Added on April 28, 2017
Last Updated on April 28, 2017
Tags: Life, family, familia, abuela, grandson, nieto, memories, nostalgia, good times, family bonding

Author

Omar Ramon
Omar Ramon

Los Angeles, CA



Writing
Warmth Warmth

A Poem by Omar Ramon


The Dream The Dream

A Story by Omar Ramon