The Traveler

The Traveler

A Story by Rév O'Conner
"

Based on a true story

"

There he was standing on the foothold of the train as it pulled out of the platform. He had a boyish face and a slim body. Unlike the teenage boys of age, he loved formal wear and it suited him well. The magenta colored shirt stuck on his torso as the air blew on it from the speeding train.

The train slowed down as it approached the next platform. Just as a normal being would do, his eyes drifted out to the passenger that boarded on the next stop. One of the girls that boarded the train was outrageously beautiful, something he haven’t seen in a very long time. She had a boyfriend with her, finely built, tall and dressed in checked shirts and a casual worn out jeans. 

The boy gazed at her and their eyes locked, instead of a warmth, the boy’s eye revealed a shimmer of depth and desire, and it captured her attention. It was so unlike anything she had ever experienced.

As soon as he knew, he looked away into the darkness and the wind that blew past his hair. He slipped his hand into his left back pocket of his finely creased black pants, revealing a velvety cigarette case. He took one out and gently put it to his puckered lips as the electrically heated lighter lighted the killer stick. He puffed in and turned his gaze towards her. It was obvious she was constantly glancing at him. The direct violation of the non smoking rule added a gravity to his personality. He gave a faint smile and threw the cigarette away. As he moved towards her like a prowling beast, his shining new oxford gripped the floor with a thud. He looked at her eyes when pointing to the seat near her and said, “Mind if I sit here, ma’am?” The accent was something she had not expected to hear in this country from a national. It was pure British English. She was taken aback and then regaining her senses she smiled warmly and said it was okay for him to sit. As he made his place there she introduced herself but didn’t consider it good idea to make introduction with her companion. The boy, however, put his hand forward to her boyfriend and wished him a good day, a festive season that it was, asking to borrow the girl for a moment.

He took her to open gate and help her against the wind. The wind started to push her near his body.

“Ever felt the wind like this, so intimating?” He said lowering his head. The boyfriend looked at her from the back, a little agitated. She nodded a no, slightly blushing.

Without any signs of his action he tightly hugged her as he lowered his hands to her hips and whispering in her ear, “Kiss me”.

He reeked of power, and of lust and that was only the girl felt then, she raised her eyes to meet his and he hold her face and burned his lips to hers. They locked as it felt like an infinite time to her, but he was aware of his destination approaching. He looked at the boy, sitting behind her, he was agitated and pained. He looked into her eyes and smiled, she was blushed and beautiful, an angel in his hand. But he had his shares of angels, “He’s a nice boy, stick with him!” he advised. She suddenly seemed aware of the world and ashamed of what she had done. The train came to a stop and he got out.

Realizing she hadn’t even asked for his name she shouted as he started to walk away, “Who are you?”

He stared at her for a moment and shrugged with a smile which was only reflected in his eyes and shouted back, “I’m just a traveler.”

And the train pulled off.

© 2013 Rév O'Conner


Author's Note

Rév O'Conner
Wrote it on my phone, after getting down on the platform! :P So please ignore the grammatical mistakes! :D

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
C
This story made me laugh a bit, especially the part where the boy has british accent! :)
There were other emotions too. So strong, yet hidden. So many diferrent emotions that I can name but i won't because I want others to find out on themselves!
"I'm just a traveler."- definitly the sentence that will stay long in my head.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Rév O'Conner

11 Years Ago

yea it better be, or i may just tell that to you too honey!
C

11 Years Ago

Hmmm... You're no traveler (stranger) to me.
Rév O'Conner

11 Years Ago

;)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

187 Views
1 Review
Added on January 5, 2013
Last Updated on January 5, 2013
Tags: train, stranger, romance, mystery, short, story

Author

Rév O'Conner
Rév O'Conner

India



About
-_- ZzzzZzz I'm sleeping so just read my stories! more..

Writing