A Compassless Walk In The Woods

A Compassless Walk In The Woods

A Story by Stephen
"

A walk in the woods could bring you around to right where you started

"
Its amazing how easy it is to be lost. If you walk in the woods and do not have a compass, and you just go with things on a whim, then you will find yourself right where you started. You never learn from previous experience where you have been because all looks the same. The tree you just passed looks like the tree you passed several hours ago. Then you realize that you have met the same tree. Unless you marked the trees you have already passed, you will continue to find yourself in the same place in the forest. You will continue to experience the same things you exprienced before and you will never find yourself getting out of the forest. You must record your adventures and have a compass to guide you, that you may not live through the same trials. Then and only then, can you know where you have been, that you may know where you need to go.

© 2015 Stephen


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A thoughtful speculation... The underlying meaning of this is worth the read.I like how go to metaphysics to explain the demerits of compassless walk.Yeah in life we should plan things out.I really loved the way you said marking of trees. It led me to believe that mark that person as a mistake or a blessing of your life. so you don't get fooled again...Life is a circle and cycle apparently.We move as we life.. coming just from where we started- "From dust thou art,to dust thou shall returnest" *Love and wishes*

~Sophy

Posted 9 Years Ago


Stephen

9 Years Ago

I appreciate you reviewing this writing. This is one my less, well written writings, I would say. Bu.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

119 Views
1 Review
Added on January 15, 2015
Last Updated on January 15, 2015
Tags: woods, walk, direction, marks, life, experience

Author

Stephen
Stephen

Pensacola , FL



About
I am very interested in writing. Love to read others writings and really find the meaning within that writing. I love to write to be able to hopefully add meaning to others lives or help them in a tim.. more..

Writing