Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Makayla

This day could not go by any slower. My first 2 periods were Math and Science; two subjects I completely hated. Not to mention, my Math teacher, Mr. Flanders was like the spawn of Satan. In the span of an hour he made 3 kids cry and 1 transfer out of his class. I don’t see how he isn’t fired yet but it’s now third period which means I have English with Pandora.

I walked into the classroom and saw the hottest teacher ever; Mrs. Dallas was young and blonde with curves in all the right places. Her blue pencil mini skirt hugged her hips, showing off her amazing figure. While her red and white polka dot blouse was loose and unbuttoned just enough to see a little bit of cleavage. I was drooling. I found a seat in the 2nd row, in front of Pandora. I could already hear her snickering. I turned to see what was so funny.

“Hunter, close your mouth I can see you drooling.” Her voice was playful and light.

I quickly turned around wiped my face. Then Mrs. Dallas started the lesson.

“Hello class, welcome to grade 9 English. I’m Mrs. Dallas and today we will be talking about Greek mythology. What can you tell me about Greek mythology?” She smiled and kept a joyful tone with every word she said.

Pandora raised her hand. I was curious about what she had to say since earlier she mentioned she was Greek but she never mentioned if she was into Greek culture. Mrs. Dallas called on Pandora.

“In Greek mythology there were amazon women who were powerful warriors and they lived and won battles without men.” She spoke with slight pride when she mentioned that they were powerful without men.

Suddenly when Pandora finished speaking a boy across the room that was from my Science class named Ken Michaels yelled out “It’s because they were all f*****g dykes.” He was staring right at me.

I wanted him to be stoned to death or burned at the stake or at least sent to the office but nothing happened. I was at a loss for words; I had no smart comebacks, no sarcastic remarks. I had nothing. When suddenly I heard clapping, it was Mrs. Dallas.

“Bravo Ken for using inappropriate homophobic slander. I would like you to know the amazon women were straight and if you have anything else bad to say about lesbians you can talk to my wife and I after school.” She was stern and forceful with her voice.

Everybody stared and made that low ooo noise that 1st graders make when someone is called to the office. I sat at my desk shocked by what she said. My hot English teacher played for my team but shortly after I realized that she also said she had a wife; bummer. Although, I wasn’t the one who stood up for lesbians I felt a bit of pride because of the fact that she said that to stand up for me and the look on Kens face was priceless. That was much better than stoning.

 Eventually, the period ended and it was time for lunch. Kids flooded the crowded cafeteria, practically spilling out of every door in the room. The line was a mile long leading out the main doors into the cafeteria forayer.  Pandora caught up to me in line.

“So we now have a hot lesbian teacher who is a bad a*s. Aren’t we lucky?” She laughed as she spun around me and continued to taunt me about my teacher crush.

We waited in line for what felt like forever.  We weren’t even in the cafeteria doors yet. Pandora was still going on about how Mrs. Dallas dissed Ken when I cut her off.

“Do you want to go somewhere?” I spoke softly, almost seductively and looked right in her gorgeous green eyes.

She was speechless so she just nodded. I grabbed her hand and ran out of the line pulling her with me. We threw open the side doors of the school and just ran like we were escaping from prison. The fresh air filled our lugs as we made it across the back field.

“So where are we going?” Her eyes were filled with excitement. Her laugh was joyful. I could of stayed there all day with her just admiring her happiness.

“To a place I have only ever taken one person.” I was trying to be mysterious but my smile gave away my excitement.

We walked to the woods behind the school, avoiding the tree branches that had fallen off the rotting trees. We finally made it to a clearing.

“Is this the place?” She looked slightly disappointed

I laughed and just pointed up. Up in a tree was a hammock made of blanket and a broken piece of a fence. She looked afraid but intrigued. I kicked off my flats and started to climb. She followed behind me. I was almost at the hammock when my foot slipped nearly kicking Pandora in the face.

“I am so sorry. I have a few balance problems.” I couldn’t help but blush. Her warm smile reassured me that she was okay so I continued to climb. Finally reaching the hammock, I laid down. When Pandora reached me, she was in awe. She lay beside me, her face was facing mine.

“So who else have you brought here?” Her curiosity lingered in her eyes.

“You know the girl who killed herself in your house? Her name was Jacklyn, she was my �".” I cut myself off. What was she to me, a best friend, my girlfriend or a friend with benefits? I looked away from Pandora.

“You were in love with her, weren’t you?” She spoke with a low voice, afraid she would upset me.

I was shocked by her question but all I could say was “Yeah, I was.”

We laid in silence. I had memories of Jacklyn and me laying in the exact same way Pandora and I were. Face to face not having to say a word but still know what the other person was thinking.  Only I had no idea what Pandora was thinking. She was so mysterious and gentle. Everything about her was calming and comforting. Even though she was a stranger to me I took her to a place that I used to share with the girl I loved. I slowly reached out my hand and ran my finger through her hair. It was soft with no tangles. Her eyes grew wide as I stroked her hair. I wished I could stay in that moment forever.

“How did you feel after, you know she did it.” She looked away from me as she spoke.

“I was mad, actually I was pissed. I never understood how she could leave me like that, leave us all like that. It wasn’t fair. I loved her. I wanted to be with her. I would have helped her through anything she was going through. I would have been there for her. She didn’t have to do what she did.” My eyes were watering. I didn’t want to think about it anymore.

“Did she at least leave a note?” She was hesitant to ask me anymore questions about it.

“Yeah but the police wouldn’t let me see it. They wouldn’t even tell me what it said.” I fought back my tears but my voice cracked when I spoke.

“I don’t think she intentionally meant to hurt you but at least now you can make room in your heart for someone new. Someone who won’t hurt you like she did.” She sounded nervous.

When I looked up at her, she was staring at me with a loving gaze. No one had ever tried to console me since Jacklyn died. People who have known me for years never offered me condolences and here Pandora was a complete stranger trying to help me deal with it. I don’t know if it was because I was lonely or because I wanted to do it since the first day I saw her but suddenly I leaned in and kissed her. It was a shock to both of us but she didn’t fight it. Her lips pressed against mine, following the rhythm I started. My hands got lost in her hair. I don’t know how long the kiss lasted but it felt like for ever. The heat from the tension exploded on our lips. The electricity flowed threw us causing me to feel that spark. A feeling I have longed to forget. When our moment of passion finished we laid there; our bodies entangle with each other’s. I rested my head on her chest as her fingers danced through my knotted hair.

“Can I stay here forever with you?” I whispered just loud enough so she could hear me.

“Be careful what you wish for, sweetie.” Her voice was clam but not like before. There was a hint of fear like she was warning me about something. I didn’t have time to analyze what she said. She slowly got up unwrapping me off her and started to climb down the tree. “Class is going to start soon, come on.” 

And just like that reality sunk in.



© 2013 Makayla


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

278 Views
Added on June 28, 2013
Last Updated on June 28, 2013
Tags: pandora, greek, box, canada, lgbt, crime, mystery


Author

Makayla
Makayla

Ontario, Canada



About
20 year old canadian writer more..

Writing