Three: The Nurse

Three: The Nurse

A Chapter by Smile It's Megan♥

The nurse came back into my room in what seemed to be no time. She didn’t even need to wake me. I had been woken when I heard her in the hall. I can always seem to pick her voice out of a crowd of medical people. Or just people in general.
“Hun?” She asked when she was near my bed side.
“Yeah I’m up.” I answered right away, with a little more strength in my voice. More then I thought possible.
“Here’s your soup, chicken and rice, I made sure. Here’s your..” ,she paused and picked up the small carton of milk to check if it was chocolate or not, “Chocolate milk…And your bowl of fruit. With watermelon chunks this time. The fruit is fresh too.” She finally finished.
“Uhh…Thanks. Why do you always go out of your way for me?”
“Dear, your mother and I were best friends when we were younger. When you entered this hospital a few days ago.. I knew I had to take care of you. I promised your mother I would always care about you even if we lost touch when we grew old. So here I am helping you out  Meg, and keeping your mother and Is’ promise.”
“Wait hold up,” I said completely ignoring the fact that she said I was in here for a few days. “You and my mother were friends? That can’t be!”
“Well its true. We were in the same grade and we were in the same 2nd, 4th and 5th grade class. It was amazing to be together so much. But when your mother had to move and go to public school. We lost touch and it was just a surprise to clash with her daughter so many years later down the road.”
“ So your telling me you went to school at a catholic school like my mother? You were a little catholic school girl?”
“Yup I am, and I was, my parents were very religious… I never got into that though.”
“So  instead you went out to work in the medical field?”
“Yeah, that was my passion from…day one I could say.”
“Wow… this story.. I don’t know…. Doesn’t make sense to me I guess.”
“I understand that.”
“What do you mean?”
“Just that you don’t believe your mother had friends with the strict parents she had? Yeah I wouldn’t believe it either.”
“No not that… Just that I would met you. Without being around my mother. By the way…Has she come down to make sure I’m O.K and everything?”
“Yeah, she has. She had come when you were still fairly unconscious. That fall really damaged you for a few days there.”
“Few days?!?!?!”
“Yeah..”
“So your telling me I’ve been here for about a week or so!?”
“I guess… But it’s only been 5 days.”
“A school week. Great now I’m going to have to get caught up. Ugh. I’m going to have homework coming out my a*s.. Sorry.”
“It’s fine. Your friends have been making sure to inform me of what you guys have been doing in school and if you had homework, tests, or quizzes. Even projects. And so far, you’ve only missed two quizzes in Mrs. Filosas’ class. You only have homework in French, Science, Math, and Language.”
“That’s almost all of my classes! My friends care enough to actually come to visit me and make sure I’m O.K too…. Wow… And they care enough to make sure I’m caught up all together…”
“Yeah. You have some good friends Megan. That’s a good thing. They’ll always be by your side. I can tell.”
I smiled. Man she was nice.. But you know.. I never even knew her name.



© 2010 Smile It's Megan♥


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

:D I love it. Also...OF COURSE THERE IS NO HOMEWORK IN MR.CELLOZI'S CLASS! Lol xD I like PLEASE CONTINUE WRITING

~Weaza~

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

221 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 6, 2009
Last Updated on August 26, 2010


Author

Smile It's Megan♥
Smile It's Megan♥

Off the Ground & Reaching for the Stars, MA



About
"How are you ever gunna reach the stars, if you never get off the ground? And you'll always be where you are, if you let life knock you down." Halfway There - Big Time Rush My idols just ha.. more..

Writing