Breathe

Breathe

A Poem by Liv I Am.
"

After my cousin's condition of Cystic Fibrosis worsened and things weren't looking great, our prayers were answered and she got a double lung transplant. She's stronger than ever and an inspiration.

"

Like a hole in a shirt that someone neatly stitched up again, so it was stronger than before.
Like a cake which has had eggs folded into the mixture, to make it taste like the recipe says.
Like a balloon inflated right to the maximum with helium, so it could float above all the rest.
Like a road with no traffic, a TV with good reception, a plane actually serving good food.
Like finally receiving that letter you were expecting in the post, but had assumed was lost.
I could, at long last… breathe easy.

© 2013 Liv I Am.


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Awww, this is so uplifting and beautiful and just plain inspirational. All those simple little joys and cozy things we might take for granted but that end up being so darn important to helping us keep going. Thanks for sharing and best wishes to your cousin!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Such a gorgeous poem. I love it :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Lovely poem and similes. The ending really ties it together. I hope your cousin stays healthy as well :)

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

167 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 21, 2013
Last Updated on November 21, 2013
Tags: Breathe, Cystic Fibrosis, Lungs, Poem

Author

Liv I Am.
Liv I Am.

Bristol, Bristol, United Kingdom



About
A third year Drama and Creative Writing student putting her crazy thoughts onto a page for you lovely people to see Plays, Poems and Novels galore more..

Writing
The Door Knob. The Door Knob.

A Stage Play by Liv I Am.