Chapter 2- Inner Demons

Chapter 2- Inner Demons

A Chapter by The Fallen

I stood on the balcony that branched out from my room. I stared at the second moon, it was night. The sky was dark and gloomy like always. No stars just one big moon and distant clouds. A soft warm breeze tickled my cheeks. Moonstone stood in the castle field below me, grazing on dead grass. What else was he to eat? I would bring him a apple or something but I just wanted to be alone right now. I sunk to my knees and looked at the depressing world through the railings on the balcony. A tapping sound came from the inside of my room. I turned and looked at Ash who stood at the doorway watching me.

 

"Hey." I murmured.


"What are you doing out here?" He asked. This was about the tenth time I escaped to the balcony to think.


"Same as always thinking." I sighed and got up. I looked at his white hair. I was still not use to it. I've never liked change and I probably never will.


"Well Silas told me to come and get you." Ash said with a side smile.


"Why couldn't he come get me himself?" I asked as I brushed past him and entered my room. Ash's pine scent drifted off him and hit my nose. I smiled at the familiar scent.


"I don't know he just told me to come get you. Do you really think he tells me stuff?" Ash asked. I shook my head. Silas has been my best friend since birth. We are practically inseparable, or at least we once were inseparable. Now Silas has been spacious but at the same time he has been over protective. He keeps trying to pull me away from Ash but little does he know Ash can't leave my side unless I dismiss him. Which I've been doing a lot.


"You stay here. I'll go talk to him." I muttered. Ash looked as if he was about to stay something but he remained silent. I walked out of my room and shut the door behind me. I walked down the silent hallway and stood on the top of the stairs. I stared down at Silas. His back was turned away from me, he stared out at the lights that flickered beyond the horizon. The war. I thought to myself. That was the first sign that the war was real since I had come here. Now I see the light fighting against the darkness and vice versa. It was a horrible thought to think people are fighting to protect me. I walked down the stairs and Silas turned as he heard my foot steps.


"Hey." He said. I gave him a weak smile.


"Hi." I replied. Is now the right time to tell him about Ash being my slave?


"What were you doing?" He asked. A casual conversation? He clearly has something he needs to tell me.


"The same thing as last night. Sitting on my balcony, thinking." I replied as I walked down the stairs. "Look I need to tell you something." I said quickly.


"As do I." Silas said as I reached the bottom step.


"You first." I said cautiously.
 

"I don't get why choosing one of us is so hard." He said simply, making his way over to me. "You've known me all your life. I've been there through thick and thin. And I always will be." I stared at him. Not now. I can't deal with the whole triangle at the moment. He took my hands in his and looked at me. His chiseled features softened, he smelt of mint soap. He wore a tight red shirt that outlined his six pack beneath his shirt and regular denim jeans.


"It isn't as simple as it looks." I barked. "Look Ash fell for me and I may be falling for him." Sadness formed in Silas's eyes. "I know what I said before. I love you and I always will I just don't know. Have you ever been in love with two people at once?" I asked.


"Well no." He said. He released my hands and ran his left hand through his dark brown hair.


"Exactly, think about how I may be feeling. And now I have to spend more time with Ash. Not that it's a bad thing to me but to you it may be." I said, chewing the inside of my lip.


"What do you mean by have to spend more time with him." He said harshly. I looked into his eyes. Sadness and rage filled them. Defiantly not a good mix up.


"My dad assigned him to be my slave." Saying the word out loud made it sound awful. Ash was anything but my slave. He was a close friend. Once an angel who fell for a demon. That's a lot to give up considering he was a arch angel. One of the highest ranks.


"What?" Silas said through clenched teeth.


"He's my slave." I said again. Silas clenched his fist and growled.


"You do know the last time your father had a slave was a few years back. They bonded and that's how Nyx and Nox were born." Silas said with a low growl. My dad had a slave? And he was intimate with her. So much for the vow he made to never see another women again.


"That doesn't mean anything, Silas." I said. But he wasn't listening. My words went in one ear and went out the other.


"Where is he?" Silas asked. I covered my mouth and shook my head. "I will ask once more. Where is Ash?" He pressed. I bit my lip.


"If your going to hurt him..Your going to have to hurt me." The words spilled out of my mouth. Silas growled as if I had just defied him.


"Destiny you know I'd never hurt you." He said. Then his eyes brightened. He pushed passed me and bolted up the stairs. He was going to my room. I snarled and raced after him. I sped past him and stood in front of my door. He stared down at me and his eyes lit up on fire. He was mad.


"This is my room and you aren't allowed in." I said. I had never spoken to Silas like that. Silas and I never had secrets and we never kept things from eachother. Now that I was blocking my room from him I realized that moment in time wouldn't last forever. I was changing and it was affecting our friendship.


"Whether you let me in now or I see Ash later it won't make a difference." He claimed before backing off. "I'll go prepare the armory for your visit. I hope you make the right decision." He said before walking away with his shoulders hunched. I didn't know if he was talking about choosing a proper dagger or sword or if he was talking about him and Ash. I shook my head, things just weren't as clear to me as they once were.



© 2013 The Fallen


Author's Note

The Fallen
Questions:
So what changes can you notice in the characters?
How was the conversation between Silas and Destiny?
What did you think of Silas's reaction?
Thoughts about it all?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow..... They are totally pressuring her how uncool Silas needs to chill

Posted 11 Years Ago


Great chapter and good of Destiny to start showing power over her situation. Love that Silas is finally getting emotional too but what difference does it make to him if Ash is her slave? As long as Ash is around...

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Fallen

11 Years Ago

Lol he thinks ash n destiny will get closer n stuff will happen and since he hates ash and wants des.. read more
I agree with Dominique. Destiny is a lot more out spoken then she used to be. And Silas is getting jealous. XD Which makes things a lot more interesting. I love it!

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Fallen

11 Years Ago

Thnx
Dark Rider

11 Years Ago

You're welcome. :)
Wow. What's happening to the shy and loveable Destiny we all knew? And Silas is just getting frustrated, witch is understandable.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Dominique

11 Years Ago

*which
The Fallen

11 Years Ago

xD shy and lovable is no longer around :D
Silas :( I feel bad for him.
Ohhhhhhhh interesting !

really liked it and not many if non none mistakes ! loved it !!!!!


Posted 11 Years Ago


The Fallen

11 Years Ago

Why thank you!
NICE!!!! OMG I am so desperate to find out what will happen next!!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Fallen

11 Years Ago

Aha thank you
Anonymous Girl

11 Years Ago

No problem
man u got cheated on? man its not as bad as when i found out my girlfriend was f*****g my best friend.

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Fallen

11 Years Ago

Yeah -.- But that sucks way more!
Nate

11 Years Ago

i know right
Ooooo tension! There are definately major differences in the characters... i can't wait to find out who her human conection is! :) WELL DONE!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Fallen

11 Years Ago

Hehe Thanksss!!!!!
OH! Silas is getting more impatient with Destiny! Ash is more introverted and timid. And poor Destiny she so confused on her feelings. I hope she picks the right guy! :) Can't wait for the next chapter! :D

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Fallen

11 Years Ago

Hehe thank u!!!
Great Chapter!
Love the conflict!
Still have no idea who I want her to choose......

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Fallen

11 Years Ago

Thank you!!
and lol I don't know who I like better either!
Darkening Shadow

11 Years Ago

LOL I am having the same problem with my book.
The Fallen

11 Years Ago

Lol!

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

748 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 8, 2013
Last Updated on January 8, 2013
Tags: Underworld, Supernatural, Destiny, Silas, Ash, Princess, Life


Author

The Fallen
The Fallen

Canada



About
Hey guys, Thank you for checking out my profile! A couple things you should know about me; I am extremely inactive as I have gotten into university and it is a lot of work. I also have a job so .. more..

Writing
Monotone Monotone

A Story by The Fallen


The Glass The Glass

A Poem by The Fallen



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..