Memories from Boading School Days: Platform II

Memories from Boading School Days: Platform II

A Story by Alao Taiwo
"

It's a letter to a friend who was in my circle of friendship back in boarding house (Federal Govt. College Ikirun, Nigeria)

"

                     Memories from Boading School Days: Platform II

 

                                  Down Okhun road,

                                                                                     Before Oluku,

             Benin,

             Edo State

 

             06th June, 2018

 

 

Dear Femi,

                     Memories from Boading School Days: Platform II

                         I nurture memories from F.G.C. Ik and our Niger house’s circle of friendship: you, me, Henry, Emmanuel Fakayejo, Yemi Oyeleke; among others. How are you and what of Daddy and Mommy? Also, how are the “fake friends” from your workplace? They couldn’t completely delete experiences from boarding house and how nice to kindle them once more with this letter.

                         Femi, one of the joys of an exercise as this writing is the privilege to tell the right stories on the right plane and in their right form. I mean, I’m hoping there’s a place or plane for a “gift of remembering” irrespective of whatsoever doubts it raises. Otherwise, it is just what it is: a plane, a stage, a platform.

                         If memory serves me right, Kingsley was Niger house captain before our turn in Senior Secondary School III when Ayub and Olajide Seun became house captains. Before then, it was Ajayi Damilola that was saddled with the responsibility of calling “Last boy” every morning. We were in S.S. I. Femi Oni was next (J.S.S. 3), Adesina Dayo (J.S.S. 2) and Olawoyin Olaseeni while we were J.J.C. Time and space will not permit me to dwell on Arogundade Monsur, with his baddest left hand and needless to say you were a prefect too- Security Prefect if Femi Adedayo was right.

                         Hope you are faring well? It’s good to have you on the other end. Extend my greetings to daddy and Mommy.

        

         Taiwo Alao   

                         F.G.C. Ikite


© 2018 Alao Taiwo


Author's Note

Alao Taiwo
It's a letter to a friend. just that. a letter

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

51 Views
Added on October 4, 2018
Last Updated on October 4, 2018

Author

Alao Taiwo
Alao Taiwo

Asaba, Delta State, Nigeria



About
My name is Alao Taiwo O.(MSc. Construction Management, BSc. Building). more..

Writing
Tryst Tryst

A Story by Alao Taiwo


A Tugging A Tugging

A Story by Alao Taiwo