Solace

Solace

A Story by TheOne&Only
"

... Concept of my 'Better'...

"
 You know me for wanting to fix things and making it better. I know you take it hard and become angry with that. You told me that I cant fix everything. I told you yes, I can. You then said, ok, take a plate, break it and fix it. I replied, I will and Ill make it better then it was before it broke. You said .."That's your problem". 
....Picture this moment...A concept of Better...
I stand in front of you with an ordinary plate in my hand, a every day material. I throw it on the floor between us. Naturally, it breaks. I hold out my hand. The pieces float up into my hand forming to its rightful places. Before you know it, in front of your eyes the plate that I broke a few minutes ago is now whole again. I hold up the plate, 'There fixed'  You know what makes it better then it was before it was broken? I hand the plate to you and you place your hand on the plate, You look at me and say what? It has meaning. When I take my hand off the plate, and you feel the weight of the plate as if it was suppose to be broken.I say, now its 'full of meaning' You know reality says you shouldn't be holding or seeing this plate in the form its in right now. Flood of emotions hit you, disbelief, fear and then you look up at me,..As only one 'feeling' settles in. You smile and all of a sudden you have this look in your eyes when you stare into mine as if something "extraordinary"  stood before your eyes. Yet you grip the plate, as if now you agree yes, the plate is 'meaningful'. 
 You may be just one of the many broken men in the world, that I may have said the same 'meaningful' things to. Though all those broken men/woman see me as you do. You question whats makes it 'more' to you. The feeling that settled in, was the feeling of what I can see in all things whole, broken, and whole again. Just because I "fixed" it in unconventional way, made it seem as if I was the object to what really was 'meaningful'. Yes, you looked at me as you said those words.  But I wasn't the one who was feeling 'Extraordinary'. It was just the feeling to what I see in front of me. And that's what makes the "plate" 'Better'. Then before it was broken. 
 Yes, extraordinary has the same definition for everyone. I know that every ones extraordinary is different and special in its own sight. Making your extraordinary sight "its own in a special place in my heart". To want, you to feel as I see you may mean nothing. But to see you, feel like that even if its just for a 'moment'. Makes the "plate" meaningful to me. What makes that moment more meaningful to me then it will for you, is that I will always remember how you felt. You will always mean more to me then I to you, because in that 'Extraordinary" moment, that made you feel like you never felt before, will always be just a '"moment of a magic trick" That I do/did for you every once in a blue moon. However, it wasn't the trick I did or do that makes you feel  "extraordinary" in random moments through out your life. It is YOU. No measure in time, no other 'persons moment with me' will ever change what I can never forget whether in sight or not. Its not the moment I try to take or remember with me. I take with me what means more in 'your moment', something I will never struggle to remember. Something that will never be to far out of sight to see when I start to care less about doing those "magic tricks"..Its YOU!
What should make it more to you, is that there is only ONE YOU to me. Nothing short of Extraordinary in that TRUTH! 
Always with
Nothing between a thumb and pointer...
Your LoveBug

© 2017 TheOne&Only


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

103 Views
Added on April 8, 2017
Last Updated on November 24, 2017

Author

TheOne&Only
TheOne&Only

Brazil



About
I am the One&Only, I write what I feel, as I do what I want. I want to write two particular books, so I thought this site would be a great start to my new ambitions. :) However, I also love poetr.. more..

Writing