Avorean Ascending

Avorean Ascending

A Story by oneartyom
"

Ringling Precollege 2015 Scraps 1 - Stuck on Outer Avorean, a space ghost town - One of many ideas I had for the precollege final, I'm considering developing this world as I go...

"

They told us that Outer Avorean would never make a good mining outpost. Course, they also told us that the generators were working fine, that the supply shipments would come each and every month and that yes, the Ramsmore Civil War was going fine indeed. So, as the colony huddled in the darkness, eating raw Atsar, and wondering why the last transmission sounded so… nervous…, we ended up coming to the conclusion that maybe, just maybe, the King was wrong.

Well, I say ‘we’. My dad was just a kid, and even then I hear the city was going straight to hell. By the time Jakkal and me rolled around it was pretty clear that our options were limited to: jump outpost by any means possible or stick around and hope that you hit Talak somewhere in the ice mines or eventually, well, slowly die in a saloon somewhere. I’ve seen all options used pretty extensively.

© 2015 oneartyom


Author's Note

oneartyom
I'm thinking of devolping this into a sort of futuristic western... All I got is Borderlands vibes from it now...

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

296 Views
Added on July 23, 2015
Last Updated on July 31, 2015
Tags: science fiction, short story, fantasy, space, moon, mining, near future

Author

oneartyom
oneartyom

WI



About
17 | Aspiring Creator | This is my online wasteland of writing more..

Writing