Intro

Intro

A Chapter by onedreamaday

No one could believe that it happened. No one in the small town could that it would happen in their small town. (Where nothing ever happened, as some would say)

But, somehow, they knew it would happen. They knew that there was a ticking time bomb inside the school, but they didn't do anything.

The daily newspapers and those around the world announced out their mistake- their sin, as it was now called.

'Two Teen Boys Causes Massacres Inside School'

'Over 17 Students and Teachers Killed and 21 Injured in School Massacre'

A lot of parents would say that one of the boys wasn't trouble; the boy, they admitted, was simply tricked. A simple-minded, shy, quiet boy who was picked on. He was tricked into thinking what he was doing was the right thing.

This, however, didn't save him from his sentence in court. But because so many people stood on his behave; he really didn't know what would happen, he received a life sentence.

He should die, just like his partner, some angry parents had spit out

Everyone had to admit that they had to see this coming. There were the warning signs.

But the people of the small town chose to ignore it; the troublemaker was a senior, they only had to wait just 4 more months and he was going to be out of their hair. The school wouldn't have to deal with him anymore and he would leave the town, just like most high school graduates did.

Most people couldn't wait for the day he left . He did nothing but cause trouble and set bad examples for the younger children. He had a police record a mile long and everyone wondered just where the hell were his parents during all of this.

If anything, no one could explain where things had started. There were none of those casebook examples.

He didn't come from a broken home. His parents were together. He didn't listen to heavy metal music or rap.

No kind of excuse where they could put the blame on.

For the students that were injured, the parents wanted some kind of therapy for them, but instead of the shrinks, the students found comfort in each other. In fact, the two oldest of the survivors were married to each other just two month after the tragedy.

For the teacher at the high school, it was a hard time go back inside where many of their colleagues had been shot down. A couple teachers had refused to go to the school. But there were some teacher who wouldn't let the incident stop the job that they loved.

There were many seminars the next school year. On how to be prepared and what to do if they saw anyone say or do something suspicious.

The school was redone. It now had what was called the 'lockdown mode'. In case there was another shooting, a button could be pushed and all doors would automatically close and lock. The lights would go out, a siren would sound and the police would be contacted.

It cost the town a lot of money; but it was worth it. They knew (wanted to make sure) that their children would be safe going to school.

The survivors had a hard time coping in the aftermath. Many suffered from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.

Some would hide either the mental or physically scars that they had, not wanting to be labeled as the the person who was in 'that school' on 'that day.'

One thing the small town kept hidden was that there were detailed record of the days leading up to the shooting.

Not from the shooters.

But from the victims. There were hundreds of accounts, some were on of the day of the shooting, but others had written the days leading up to it.

Not one could explain why they did it, but it did help. Not only did it record what happened, but they wrote about their feelings, school and home life and even so-called friends.

It also shined a light on the school. Most parents liked to think that their school was different from the rest in the state. But they found it was the same. It had the jocks, the nerds, the punks, even the cheerleaders .

After much sorting, and interviews, it was finally released to the public, three years after the shooting.

The following stories are from the 12 survivors, including the one of shooters.


© 2008 onedreamaday


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Well done... There so much "behind" these horrible acts... and this believing that "heroes" have to have guns and go and kill the "evil ones" and "defend" something/someone... and education, books, films are almost all about this kind of pre-historical heroes and "revenge"... when will we grow up to a more civilized times, when the ones that wear guns or any weapon to kill or hurt others will be called a cower?

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Well done... There so much "behind" these horrible acts... and this believing that "heroes" have to have guns and go and kill the "evil ones" and "defend" something/someone... and education, books, films are almost all about this kind of pre-historical heroes and "revenge"... when will we grow up to a more civilized times, when the ones that wear guns or any weapon to kill or hurt others will be called a cower?

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I really liked this one. It was actually one of the only stories that I read the whole thing with. I have a story going on too. It's my book, Phalagasia. If you'd like, it would be really nice if you reviewed it for me. I really liked this story. I would very much like to hear the stories of the 12 survivors. Keep writing. It was a great story.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 24, 2008


Author

onedreamaday
onedreamaday

Southfield, MI



About
I love to write, right now and forever that is my passion. more..

Writing
Beginning Beginning

A Chapter by onedreamaday


Secret Secret

A Chapter by onedreamaday