The bald eagle

The bald eagle

A Poem by Onlyme


Flocculent clouds drifting in the atmospheric bright blue sky.
Illuminating rays of sunshine radiant upon the earth below.


A regal eagle appears and impressively glides and swoops.
Showing his proficiency and majestic attributes as he performs like an acrobat on the platform above me in the sky.

Before my very eyes, I am in awe. Spellbound and hypnotized by his spectacular display.

I lay down on the soft green grass. And gaze up toward heaven.
Watching him. Looking at me.
He comes closer for a  more detailed stare at me.


Flapping his mighty wings.
As he hovering before me.
I see the details of his fathers, his amazing talons.
So close I can see his nostrils on his yellow beak.
His black piercing pupils against the whites of his eyes.


He flickered his tail feathers.
And spread his powerful wings and with a swoosh, he is gone.
Bewitched by his presence and unforgettable golden moments he just gave me. To cherish forever more.

© 2019 Onlyme


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Very entertaining look at America's national bird. Also a favorite critter in Native American lore. You give us crisp imagery to transport us to join you on your grassy knoll vantage point. If ever I can post my own tribute to the eerily mysterious bird, I will request a "read request" from you. Well done.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

bigfootprint

5 Years Ago

You write well, Dawn
Onlyme

5 Years Ago

Thanks, Doug, You made my day, My spell and grammar is not great but my heart is in the write place... read more
bigfootprint

5 Years Ago

Not to worry, Dawn. We poets have only ourselves to disappoint -- with not much chance of that.



Reviews

I love the details of your description of this magnificent bird. Several years ago while channel hopping I came across a National Geographic film on the eagle. I was to say the least fascinated by his ability at flight. He did things I didn't think possible - it was amazingly beautiful. I found myself shedding tears over the beauty of what I was seeing. Needless to say of all of them, the eagle is my favorite bird.
Take care and thanks for the wonderful poem. - Dave

Posted 5 Years Ago


A beautiful vision and a wonderful and full description of an awesome experience. Lovely Dawn!!!

Posted 5 Years Ago


Very entertaining look at America's national bird. Also a favorite critter in Native American lore. You give us crisp imagery to transport us to join you on your grassy knoll vantage point. If ever I can post my own tribute to the eerily mysterious bird, I will request a "read request" from you. Well done.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

bigfootprint

5 Years Ago

You write well, Dawn
Onlyme

5 Years Ago

Thanks, Doug, You made my day, My spell and grammar is not great but my heart is in the write place... read more
bigfootprint

5 Years Ago

Not to worry, Dawn. We poets have only ourselves to disappoint -- with not much chance of that.
An incredible moment to try and capture, but you've done a stunning job. The internal rhyme on 'regal eagle' is really lovely. I would say maybe have a second look over this just for spelling errors and such, but the tone of the poem is truly majestic!!

Posted 5 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

85 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 8, 2019
Last Updated on January 9, 2019
Tags: aquila chrysaetos, beautiful, powerful, majestic, regal, bald, eagle

Author

Onlyme
Onlyme

United Kingdom



Writing
Dawn Dawn

A Poem by Onlyme