Doldrums

Doldrums

A Poem by Onlyme

Stuck in the doldrums
feel low and moody
numb and tired.

Can't seem to shake
this feeling.

Spirit is suffering
and my soul is weak.

Needing a good
jump start to
getting the spark
alight again within.

To give me meaning
and direction in my life.

© 2019 Onlyme


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow! Very emotional read here, This is so well written and said. awesome write here.

Posted 4 Years Ago


Oh my Dawn! I wish I could say welcome to the club, but its' not one any of us wishes to be in.
So many are the times I've wandered through the doldrums. I take heart in the phrase "And this too shall end."
Dawn - I hope this phase quickly passes you by and that soon, all will be well.

Please take care - Dave

Posted 4 Years Ago


Sorry Dawn... rest your heart! When I feel this way I walk meditate and read a lot and recharge my soul remember always that You are the art of your reflection:)

Posted 4 Years Ago


right to the point, everyone is this way once in a while.

Posted 4 Years Ago


straight forward plain language everyone can relate to... the blues come out way .. sometimes out of nowhere and for no good reason it seems ;) your poem actually lifts me up because while empathizing with the speaker I could not help but think of the things I do when that happens to me .. and they work :)))))))))))))))) closing is a little deeper than that tho .. meaning in one's life takes some doing to come to grips with ... blessings from the Creator upon you Dawn! ..i pray.

Posted 4 Years Ago


Music or a walk by the sea/park lake/ where you will

Thay usually work for me


Posted 4 Years Ago


It's strange how you can be great one minute, and straight down the next.
Playing your favourite tunes does it for me, or running.
Hope things get better.


Posted 4 Years Ago


It's really a tough situation and condition to come out from. I have one of my close ones also in depression and so I really wish for you to come out from it soon. The poem is really very nice as it shows the true condition and feeling of a person suffering it. But be hopeful , Happy and stay blessed :)

Posted 4 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Rye
Music always works for me, something bouncy.

Posted 4 Years Ago


Try music-- Mozart works for me-- sheer joy is in so much of his music.

Posted 4 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

281 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 27, 2019
Last Updated on May 27, 2019
Tags: doldrums, down, low, dejected, sad, depressed.

Author

Onlyme
Onlyme

United Kingdom



Writing
Dawn Dawn

A Poem by Onlyme



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Take Me ~ Take Me ~

A Poem by Susan 🦋