Lockdown Hell

Lockdown Hell

A Poem by Onlyme

The fear of going to sleep at night
incase you wake up shouting
or screaming out loud again.

Night terrors are your demons
that run riot inside your mind
as it so calls sleeping at night.

Sometimes vivid images are remembered
clips of words spoken afterwards
if your luck enough to remember
or not.

But mostly you remember nothing
at all.

Only that abrupt confusion of being suddenly
woken up and wondering why?.
From a deep slumber.

Anxiety stress, depression, fears and past reminders
that have been triggered in the past days weeks before
can trigger a night terror.

Like for example this lockdown.
Can affect your mental health badly.

© 2020 Onlyme


Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

It seems to affect us all n different ways. For your sake, I hope that the demons you speak of are only literal. Thankfully it hasn't interfered with my ability to sleep at night. All is well here and I'm very thankful for that. I hope that all is well with you and yours.
Take care Dave

Posted 3 Years Ago


But not as hell as reading this

Posted 3 Years Ago


Reminder, I"m a live and be yourself type. I live my I don't give a you know what... Here I am staying in a hotel, which is good, as I am trying to be a hermit, so I don't get covid.

Needless to say, I'm glad you have something to say, frustrated and disgruntled as you seem. Chin up. Better days are coming, as long as you stay locked down as much as you can. You don't seem to be a dummy about covid, which, to me is a major plus.

It all boils down to how a person takes care of his/her mind, but, let me guess, you know that! Of course you do!

Posted 3 Years Ago


Hi Dawn, the pandemic has brought out the best and the worst. Some get to escape their hectic schedules and have family time. Others get to face their demons all alone. True essential workers are shoved into dangerous situations for minimum wage. This poem, I hope, isn't reflective of your actual life but if it is I am sending prayers to you. And by the way, this is a well written piece. Take care..

Posted 3 Years Ago


Your sleep pattern can;t be called a pattern, can it. anything but. The situation around us, is causing so many upsets, is hard to stay strong at times.
So many people are wary about sleeping cos of dreams and wakings like that.. saps the mind, the strength and sleep, of course. I rather think your poem IS personal, if not, you're a darned good writer. The words call out, the tension so strong - and so very sad.
Of course there are people to help, closest and nearest, and wisest.
Would you consider meditation, can find online advice and in fact, online visuals, from OFFICIAL sources if you need. But confirm the info'

Your writing is incredibly fine in the literal sense.. thank you for sharing cos it reminds all of us how it can be for so many.

Posted 3 Years Ago


Life has many defining moments and often during life some of those moments are unfortunately an occurrence that was all that great. Our sub conscious holds on to many things which can lay dormant for so long until such time as life takes a turn and triggers these memories. Dawn, your not alone and all I can say its ok to not be ok if that makes sense. We are now thrust into a time where uncertainly does not just surround us its consuming us. I can and do relate strongly with this write. Thank you for sharing.

Posted 3 Years Ago


Dear Dawn, I caught a glimpse of you on the forum. Lockdown has been truly frightening for many, particularly those with health conditions or maturity of years. It has been awful not being able to visit my elderly mum in her nursing home. I hope you and yours are OK, have survived the worse of it and looking forward to better days.

Chris

Posted 3 Years Ago


I really loved this poem, everyone is handling the lockdown differently and we may have repressed things in our busy lives that have come back to haunt us now that we are isolated.
Very well written!

Posted 3 Years Ago


Your words strike a cord within me as I struggle everyday through this lockdown ;-[ So tried of one day blending into another. Coping to this life is hard at times.Love your words and hope you are well

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Onlyme

3 Years Ago

Hi Weeping Willow, bless you, glad you can relate, this lockdown really is taking a toll on a lot of.. read more
Amazing poem
Sorry you didn’t enter it into my covid competition which I just ran it’s finished
Hope you are well xx

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Onlyme

3 Years Ago

Hi Julie, thanks for the compliment and so glad you enjoy it. DAwn. Iam like everyone else feel this.. read more
Julie McCarthy (juliespenhere)

3 Years Ago

I’m fine thanks they opening up here slowly
Onlyme

3 Years Ago

Glad to hear your good Julie, same here little bit at a time.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

144 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 24, 2020
Last Updated on May 24, 2020
Tags: lockdown, night terrors, mental health, hell

Author

Onlyme
Onlyme

United Kingdom



Writing
Dawn Dawn

A Poem by Onlyme



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..