Pauly

Pauly

A Poem by organconcert
"

A poem about a fox.

"

Its eyes, long since pecked out by hungry birds, nevertheless exuded a certain calmness, along with offal and rot. As he lay there, hopeless, beside the rock-pool, slowly decomposing in the midsummer’s heat, he possessed a strange beauty. Well traveled, no doubt, his fur matted with the saline air of the coast, he possessed the aura of a soul that had been through the motions. That had scaled great heights, loved, and lost it all.

   There was scarcely a second between the sun being blocked out and it reappearing again with a ‘thud’ as 40k of rock met with skull. Any notion of poetic grandiose ebbed away, as a spider-web trickle of some ambiguous liquid carried little floats of pulp and membrane and parasites towards my feet.

RIP Pauly. 

© 2013 organconcert


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

243 Views
Added on February 13, 2013
Last Updated on February 13, 2013
Tags: fox, violence, anger, death, beauty, sea, seaside, coast, brutality.

Author

organconcert
organconcert

Cardiff, United Kingdom



About
I tend to write short pieces which unintentionally end up being quite dark. Inspired mostly by dreams, I also enjoy exploring the themes of loss, guilt and the monotony of existence. Good wholesome fu.. more..

Writing
Here Here

A Poem by organconcert