Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by originalazrael
"

David was just an ordinary boy. Or at least he thought he was. But when he finds a plot to destroy the world, will he fight the Gods themselves to save it?

"
Prologue

"You see? You can't defeat me. You are always destined to lose." The old man stroked his short, scruffy beard and stared at the boy in front of him, immobilized in mid air, crucifix style, as if he was being held up by invisible strings. "It's over for you. Why do you keep fighting?" The boy slowly raised his head, anger all over his face.
"Because you killed her." He dropped his head again.
"Is that it? Revenge? I doubt that's the only reason you fight me." The old man stepped closer to the boy. The boy was being held a foot or so in the air, so the man was able to look up and stare the boy in the face."Perhaps I should take a look?" He then reached up and placed a finger on the boys forehead. A bright yellow light covers them both.

A school oval. A group of boys were beating up on a classmate. "What a weakling!" one of the bullies remarked to the others. A crowd had started to gather. "Come on, fight back! Do you like getting beat up?" The beaten boy climbed onto his arms and knees, tears running down his cheeks. He wasn't crying though. It was just a reaction to the fists and feet that had collided with his stomach, back, face and other body parts. He didn't want to fight these guys. Sure, he tried to dodge and block some of the hits in self-defense, and yes, maybe being beaten up in front of most students of his year was very embarrassing, but he didn't want to hurt them. They were just trying to show off to everyone else, and picked the weakest looking person in the school. He thought that maybe it was his fault for being so quiet. A teacher arrived. He broke up the fight. The bullies were led to the principal, where the teacher then led the beaten up boy to the school nurse afterward.

"David, what have I told you? Those bullies are going to keep beating you up if you don't try to stand up for yourself!" The nurse applied some antiseptic and David flinched at the sting. He had heard this all from her before. He stared at the mirror across the room. Beyond the back of the red-haired nurse, he could see himself, bruises up and down his arm, stitches over his right eyebrow from the last attack, a bluish patch slowly starting to form over his left eye, a few cuts over his cheeks. He stared at the David in the mirror, his short black hair sticking up from the mud at parts, and at other parts clinging to his head. He knew he looked a mess, and the boys would keep beating up on him if he didn't do something, but he couldn't hurt the other boys. They were probably too strong, anyway.

David kicked a can off the footpath and into the middle of the road. A car came screaming past, and flattened the can. No doctor can save you now, eh Pepper? The boy smirked at that comment. It wasn't the best joke in the world, he knew that. Did it matter though? It's not like anyone was around to hear it. He climbed the steep hill his house rested on. Up the long street till he reached the top. No mail today. No cars either. That meant his parents would be out late. Time to call the Chinese delivery shop again. He pulled the spare key from underneath the letter box, and unlocked his front door. Before he walked through the door however, he looked up at the slowly darkening sky. Some stars were already out, as was the moon. He tried to find the brightest one. When he found a star of reasonable brightness, he made his wish. He wished for something miraculous to happen in his life. What he didn't know was that it already had. He just had to realize it.


© 2011 originalazrael


Author's Note

originalazrael
Please be as harsh as you want. I take on all critique in much the same way as I do compliments. Anything I can learn about my writing would be helpful. Also, please let me know about any and all spelling/grammar mistakes.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

270 Views
Added on May 26, 2011
Last Updated on May 27, 2011
Tags: Can, Gods, Die, originalazrael, world_destruction


Author

originalazrael
originalazrael

Perth, Australia



About
I used to skip English in school because it meant writing essays. Now I want to be an author. Funny how the irony bites you in the a*s. So I have signed on to this website, so that I may improve.. more..

Writing