(((((((((( CRUSH  DEPTH ))))))))))

(((((((((( CRUSH DEPTH ))))))))))

A Poem by R J Askew

~

(((((((((( CRUSH  DEPTH ))))))))))

~

And when you think swift love's gone deep

Deeper, down, down, dive, down, down, dive

Deeper go, deep go, deeper .. still ..

Into love's oceaniqueness

Compressionisticalities

In water's hush we are conceived

My coeleocanthus dancus

To love in water's crush we live

To fuse in tidal harmonies

In limpet lips in rushing real

Drowns in water's dream conception

Before before .. before water

Flash in primal pageant master's court

To verse a universe from nought

~

.

http://itweetyounot.com/15.html

 

© 2013 R J Askew


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Being the first piece of yours that I've read, I'm not disappointed, having been primed by your unusual reviews of late. You are definitely writing outside the dots, which I love, but also with a linear message that I can follow (I'm not good at interpreting abstract). You are so imaginative with your delicious made-up words & completely original observations, blending love ideas with ocean imagery. Some of my faves: "oceaniqueness" . . . "limpet lips" . . . great tidal pool of creativity.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

You are indeed a master word weaver as no other that I know of who posts on this poetry forum! You've always been able to describe with intriguing combinations that are out of the ordinary and leaves one wanting more, bids the psyche to perhaps take another bite of the dictionary of life.
Ah, yes just another sip please; is all so pleasing to the palette! I thirst for more........

Posted 7 Years Ago


As an avid fan of ocean metaphors, raw flow, unique blended lines and thoughts with trailing rhymes... This was an absolute joy to immerse myself in completely. It was nearly fully saturated in complex simplicity. The whimsical meanings and happy feelings washed over me easily like a soft misty breeze...
*To verse a universe from naught*
Beautifully penned...


Posted 7 Years Ago


Love the made up words!! and the originality of the theme... it's out of the box... great write!

Posted 7 Years Ago


I had to pull out the old dictionary to see if my vocabulary was laking. To my (good) surprise it was not. This poem is beautifully written and provides an unique context that cannot necessarily be captured with the use of traditional vocabulary. The context of the poem allows for personal interpretation. Thank you for writing this.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Like it R J. It's a thinking mans poem.
I like words that flow into other words.

Posted 7 Years Ago


I enjoyed seeing a poem that wasn't trying to force a rhyme. This is more of a me thing than actual helpful critique, but I've just never understood the concept of making up words. (compressionisticalities) Take that as a positive note, because Shakespeare did the same thing, in fact, some of his made up words are in the dictionary now.

Posted 7 Years Ago


I'm a big believer in less is more, but I do love the first few lines.

Very creative and made me actually feel something.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Very effective style. Like the creative words, repetition and combination of words that normally don't go together. Leaves a lasting impression. Very creative. A great write.

Posted 7 Years Ago


What an unusual read...but I like it. I love when writer's push the boundaries and explore new avenues of expression. I love being forced to stretch the parameters of what is comfortable. Shifting paradigms give rise to new worlds of exploration. I love the uniqueness and individuality of your style and expression. Thank you for sharing this piece.

Posted 7 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1137 Views
26 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 12, 2013
Last Updated on March 14, 2013
Previous Versions

Author

R J Askew
R J Askew

United Kingdom



About
Busy re-writing a new story. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..