Questioning Life

Questioning Life

A Story by oussama0034
"

A slice of My life

"
   I have come to the conclusion that nothing in life matters. We, humans, live chains of days which almost look, taste and feel alike. The same greeting in the morning, the same faces, the same neighbors and the same worries. Life is dull. Is not it? 
 
  Actually, I was not born with this "absurdist attitude to life" but I fought to adopt one. As anyone born to a lower middle class family, I was raised to take life seriously. In other words, almost everybody in my entouarge advised me and tried to show me the path to succeed in my life. Now, when I remember this, I smirk.

 Poor are those who think that there is a definite meaning for success and life. Not very long ago, I went with a friend of mine to the zoo and nothing impressed me but a proud, white bird. Actually, neither its pride nor whietness that triggered some thoughts in my mind but its life expectancy. That bird could live up to 100 years. Humans, the dignified ones, can't. Plus, the beautiful creature will definitely spend its life pleasing visitors and even enligthening their minds ( as it did for me). However, I, as a human being, doubt my ability to do so. 
 
  We, human beings, think that we are the fortunate among all other species. Logically speaking, we are not. As a matter of fact, we are the unfortunate, miser, stupid and illusioned ones. We spend our lives( roughly half of my dear bird's age) worried, stressed and on the alert for opportunities to pour money in our bank accounts. The question is: why? Is having money and a good position indicate that a man is successful? 

  I wholeheartedly believe that this question is too stupid and artificial to be answered. I wish I had the coureage to meet those who were trying to give me" a recipe for success" and tell them successs is: " Be a bird and make people smile".

© 2017 oussama0034


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

"chains of days" - brilliant. Have a little faith, oussama0045, there are many who are "bucking" the system and pursuing their dreams - more than any other generation, actually. But...do you - "Be a bird and make people smile". That's as good a goal as any I've heard lately. Keep writing.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

"chains of days" - brilliant. Have a little faith, oussama0045, there are many who are "bucking" the system and pursuing their dreams - more than any other generation, actually. But...do you - "Be a bird and make people smile". That's as good a goal as any I've heard lately. Keep writing.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

106 Views
1 Review
Added on June 24, 2017
Last Updated on August 11, 2017
Tags: thoughts, childhood, absurdism, Philosophy

Author

oussama0034
oussama0034

Rabat, Rabat Sale Kenitra, Morocco



About
Hello everybody. I highly appreciate feedback and remarks. more..

Writing