Jem Alexandria Johnson

Jem Alexandria Johnson

A Story by outspoken1234
"

This was once a great county...we were once great... where did we go wrong?

"
Tap...thump..thump...tap..tap..tap... thump thump thump tap tap..thump thump.
Ah the basic rhythm of class we all are some way musically inclined. We just don't like to do it unless we are really bored. My names Jem I'm 19 years old today. My dad and I move around quite a bit except since I graduate in a few hours. Its just me and the old man. My mom passed away in the twin towers but it isn't a big deal to me. So to catch you up to speed my teacher is giving us a boring rehearsal of how today is going to go. we are all bored out of our minds. I lean back in my chair and try and relax and think about how my speech is going to go when I hear someone make a 9/11 joke. Throwing my chair back I march over and look the kid in the eyes and slap him as hard as I can sending him spiraling from his seat. 
"MRS.JOHNSON YOU ARE IN BIG TROUBLE!" Mrs. Jobble says over the mic.
I laugh and shrug my shoulders and take my seat I never get in trouble because everyone knows my story and knows that if something happens and I need to deal with it. I will in the least aggressive way possible. Closing my eyes some time passes and before I know it we are at graduation. My palms start sweating and I break out in a sweat. Faintly I hear my name and know I need to go give my speech. Standing up with what little grace I have. I fumble my way to the podium and look out at the crowd. Not seeing any familiar faces I inhale sharply and sigh. i have nothing prepared but I am good at winging it so I start.
"Today we are grown ups like many before us. This is our time right now. We started out as strangers and then became friends then eventually family. So the question now is what are we going to do? What are we going to remember and take with us into this stranger world? I for one am going to take the courage my mom gave my when she passed and the lesson of the cruelty that some people have to dish out to others. This is our life and I am going to make the best out of the rest of mine as I hope you will. Some of us will become parents or something greater but we will always have the memories we made together. Lets not forget any of it as we move forward in this ever spinning life and lets not turn our back on our friends as we let go of the past and move on to the future. I would like to thank you all for coming today and to let us keep in memory those who could not make it here today to watch us become adults. Those family members, friends, coworkers, and parents will not be forgotten they are watching us with a smile on their faces because they are proud of what we all have achieved. Thank you all for your time and to my fellow class mates good luck in this life it has truly been a hell of a ride" I slowly go back to my seat as everyone erupts in clapping and cheering. They tell us to turn our tassels and that we are graduated.  Some of us throw our hats and some of us don't but I can't take my eyes off my dad standing in the back ground. He takes a picture and that's where time stops dead in its tracks. He came, He actually came... A smile creeps slowly onto my face maybe this world isn't so terrible after all.

© 2017 outspoken1234


Author's Note

outspoken1234
This was just for fun hope you guys enjoy.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
Added on September 12, 2016
Last Updated on March 17, 2017

Author

outspoken1234
outspoken1234

OH



About
I am 19 currently and love to write poetry it helps me think and clear my head and understand my emotions. I want my poetry to help others who might understand or are going through some of the things .. more..

Writing