Olivia

Olivia

A Story by Ovi1
"

A spy goes into 1920's Buenos Aires to take out a target

"

It was a beautiful Saturday night in Buenos Aires, music sounded throughout the city centre. Most people were ready to go out and enjoy the end of their work week. Olivia still had the most important part of her job to do. She knew nobody would notice her intentions, like most of them didn’t know the intentions of her adversary.

She had heard rumours about great financial problems in the USA, and the problems would get down here eventually, but judging by the cheer of the people around her, there was no worry yet. Her job as a tango instructor might be hit by this Depression, but she could be sure of her primary income, for there would always be people who wanted information. For this particular job, the final phase had come, it was time to take down a target about whom she learned all there was to know. Like most of the city, he would be out in some club tonight. When she found him, she made eye contact and he recognised her immediately. She had to trust that he had not found out her true identity.

 

This type of confrontation often began with eyecontact, she tried to read everything she could off his face, while he would never guess why she was there. She tried to lure him to a place where they would have enough space to move, for that would be her advantage. When they had found the right place, they rhythmically walked towards each other. Olivia let the music guide her movements, as she always did. When Olivia was within reach of him, he grabbed her right hand and put an arm around her chest. She put her arm around him too and felt his body against hers.

She quickly moved her leg back to not get it swept. Then she made the same move where he dodged, they started moving through the room. Still holding eachother. He led and she followed. Their feet drawing circles on the ground so they did not have to lift them. The few people who were still near moved out of the way when they saw what was going on. Moving around the floor of the nightclub. They moved to the same rhythm. Moving quickly across the room.

He let her chest go and spun her 3 circles before taking her in his hold again. His breathing got heavier. When she got some room, she swung a foot towards his head, resting it on his shoulder for half a second before putting it on the floor again. They moved again, she now faced the bar, he lifted her up and turned circles with her on his shoulder. When she hit the floor she made two kicks between his legs, slightly too low to hit him in the groin. He decided to move again, 6 steps to his left, she stayed as close to him as she could, then he made her spin some circles around him . She heard the end of the music approaching. She wondered how she could end this gracefully. Some more kicks, faster motions, both moving their hips to dodge eachother. He lifted her up one last time as the final notes hit and when the music stopped he put her down again.

 

She immediately walked away before he had caught his breath. She turned around only to blow a kiss to the band, who had played this tango, while some bystanders applauded their beautiful dance. She was renowned for her dancing skills, and would be asked to dance all night if she stayed around. Before she left the club a waiter approached her with a tray with a single shot glass. She chugged it right away while the waiter said to her: “the target should be dead within 5 hours after that amount of exposure, if my employer is correct.” “Then let’s hope he is correct, about the poison and the antidote” Olivia responded as she put the empty glass back. “Now I will go home to wash off this poisonous perfume, and I expect to find the rest of my payment in the morning.”

 

It was a lovely Saturday night in Buenos Aires, and Olivia was ready to celebrate the end of the work week.

© 2022 Ovi1


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

31 Views
Added on February 21, 2022
Last Updated on February 21, 2022
Tags: spy, assassin, 1920's, Latin America, action

Author

Ovi1
Ovi1

Gelderland, Netherlands



About
I write mostly in Dutch, but have recently written a short story for the first time in many years and was looking for a place to share it. more..