Hand-In-Hand

Hand-In-Hand

A Poem by Lisasview
"

My very first Sonnet ever. This Sonnet is about the forever remembered love for a mother or grandmother. remembered.

"


Hand-In-Hand....

Her tired eyes saw more than I'll ever know;
long silv'ry hair piled high upon her head,
the clean fresh scent of times so long ago ...
warm stinging tears are those I often shed.

Remembering her laughter through our years,
when we walked hand in hand along the shore.
As lovely sounds of church bells filled my ears,
my love still held by ocean's distant roar.

Now, fresh white, fragrant lilies near her lie,
a few soft petals fallen from the rain ...
their faces wet, turned up toward the sky;
along with them she takes rest from her pain. 

Sweet memories we shared now mean so much,
each day, I long for her caressing touch.

                                   ~~~
                                     

© 2022 Lisasview


Author's Note

Lisasview
A very special thank you to Richard!! Who saw this as a Sonnet (I had no idea what a Sonnet even was!!) and, helped me complete it. He opened up a whole new world to me.
Thank you,
Lisa

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This was particularly touching to me. I was the primary caregiver for my mother the last five years of her life. It was the hardest and most challenging task I have ever undertaken. Given the chance, I'd gladly do it all again. By her grave, I was almost too exhausted to cry. But I found great comfort in knowing her worldly suffering had come an end even though I know I will miss her until we meet again. Thank you for this, I enjoyed. F.

Posted 2 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Lisasview

2 Years Ago

Thank you Fabian,
I am glad you liked it.
My plan is to rework my Sonnet so please loo.. read more
Lisasview

2 Years Ago

Hi Fabian, Just submitted my newest version of this poem and I also submitted one that I am working .. read more



Reviews

An honorable tribute to a passing, filled with beautiful memories and lovely appreciation. I hope all is well in Spain. Until we see you again around the site.

Posted 1 Year Ago


Lisasview

1 Year Ago

Thank you so much for your lovely positive review my dear friend Sami
I have been down with t.. read more
Sami Khalil

1 Year Ago

Speedy recovery. You too. You are welcome. Take all the time.
Lisasview

1 Year Ago

Thank you!!
Lisa, my dear wonderful and lovely Poetess!

This beautifully majestic piece of your heart set to pen of page speaks to my heart of only two women I ever loved with all my heart in this world, blessed and better for the privilege of of having known them within their ladylike graciousness of allowing me to be a part of their lives, but, now, they are both gone, lying quietly within the Earth as my tearstained life goes by moment by moment, day by day ...

Marvin Thomas Cox-Flynn de Graham

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lisasview

1 Year Ago

Hi my dearest Marvin,
For some reason I thought you had already read this little sonnet of mi.. read more
I rather like this one, and you say it's your first sonnet. Good one. Most enjoyable to read.

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lisasview

1 Year Ago

Hi Andrew,
Yes, my very first one. I wrote this awhile back and had no idea it was actually .. read more
A beautiful heart touching sonnet. The flow is smooth, the rhymes spot on and the theme something everyone should cherish. Very nicely done.

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lisasview

1 Year Ago

How very nice to hear from you.and, ofcourse delighted you like my Sonnet.
Thank you so much .. read more
Thanks a lot for recommending this poem. I am also new to the idea of what exactly is a sonnet and how is it written.
It was actually very touching poem since moms and grandmas are always among the most important persons in our lives. Being a late teenager imagining that someday these people won't be beside me already makes my eyes teary .
the poem is however really nice and very well written.

Regards,

@r[@ne

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lisasview

1 Year Ago

What, you are a teenager???
You write so well... I am really amazed.
Thank you again f.. read more
This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Lisa,
Thank you for suggesting this poem to me. It does, indeed, speak eloquently of experiences and emotions that must be common among many (sadly, not all) children and their mothers or grandmothers, but also calls forth specific memories of my mother and me, as I’m sure it must for most readers. Coincidentally, on my way for croissants and espresso this morning, I saw a young mother walking hand-in-hand with her blond little girl, and was struck by the tenderness of that simple scene. Then you recommended I read this poem, and the artwork that accompanies it depicts a very similar scene to the one I witnessed. A second coincidence: my mother’s name was Lillian, and one of her sisters called her Lilly, so that line in your poem was especially poignant for me. Serendipity abounds! Lovely sonnet! Thank you!

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lisasview

1 Year Ago

Hi Richard,
How is it possible that I did not thank you for your reading and reviewing my poe.. read more
Richard Knox

1 Year Ago

Hi Lisa,
I’m glad you liked my comments. I’ve been wondering lately if Writers Cafe has .. read more
Lisasview

1 Year Ago

Let me look at Luscious and see if I got a review from you... I will let you know...
I also j.. read more
I have written several sonnets myself, and this one of yours is a very good one! Nicely expressed, with an easy flow and natural, rather than forced, rhymes. A good job all round!

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lisasview

1 Year Ago

How very nice of you to say... This was my very first try at a Sonnet.. I wrote one more, Pearls th.. read more
Robert Haigh

1 Year Ago

Yes, I play the guitar - also ukulele - and sing. Nice to hear that you sing too. I am of a similar .. read more
Lisasview

1 Year Ago

Love music and it goes along with all my creative endeavours..
Just the other day we were commenting at home on how we haven't heard the peal of church bells in oh so many years. Add to that the many other familiar things and sounds that we rarely come across that used to fill our waking hours. Such a wonderful experience this poem, specially bringing to mind and heart those that are no longer with us today. Thanks for sharing. Frederick.

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Red Brick Keshner

1 Year Ago

Thanks for the direct, I will make my way there. next. As for myself, I haven't ascertained your pre.. read more
Lisasview

1 Year Ago

Thank you..I will check out your poems.. Mine are quite varied as many are from my early 20's 1970.... read more
Red Brick Keshner

1 Year Ago

Thanks Lisa. Most of my early work would go back to the late 70's, the 80's and 90's. Frederick.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1320 Views
72 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 20, 2021
Last Updated on March 31, 2022

Author

Lisasview
Lisasview

Benitachell, Alicante, Spain



About
I have been writing poetry and short stories since I was 10..so 64 years! I have never connected with any groups but recently thought why not.. So here I ..looking at where this adventure leads me. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


RAPT RAPT

A Poem by Vol


RED RED WINE RED RED WINE

A Poem by Vol