My Father

My Father

A Poem by Lisasview
"

My father was born in Russia and, at age two moved to Cairo. He told me he got dressed like a beggar, and knocked on his front door. He was always a character! He died at age 96, still sharp ...

"
       

My FATHER ...


With crying and dismay my father died …

remembering his sky blue eyes once more.

Although, not young, his loss I cannot hide

upon my morning walkings' quiet shore.


With much of him, my memories fill dreams;

of tiny tadpoles caught in nearby streams.

Along wet edges, I played without fear;

I'd always known my father would be near.


Joy's starlite opens Heaven's dreaming past,

as silky drops of twilight linger on.

True, time has passed, my father dear is gone …

still knowing, dreams of him will surely last.

© 2023 Lisasview


Author's Note

Lisasview
This is my first try at a Rhyming Quatrain.
Would love to know what you think about it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

the story steps forward instantly .. the star of "My Father" ... i find the rhythm and rhyming add a beautiful flow to the whole ... nothing trite nor foreign in those rhymes ... everyday language elevated to your quatrain ... that's what i think Ms. Lissaview!
E.
ps. an incredible pic .. a rare treasure i am sure .. sounds like he had a great sense of humor .. :)

Posted 9 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lisasview

9 Months Ago

I believe the photo was taken by his father, who was not only a great painter but also photographer... read more



Reviews

This is a home run.
I loved every word. With layered emotions and a sound foundation you create a loving tribute.

Posted 11 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lisasview

11 Months Ago

Wow, loving every word really means so much to me. Thank you so much...
My father was quite c.. read more
“With much of him, my memories fill dreams;
of tiny tadpoles caught in nearby streams.”
Hello my friend Lisa. Hope you are doing better every day. What a precious photo of your beloved father you gift us with here! Your words and images of tender memories draw his essence for us. Love the anecdote about him dressing like a beggar too. Your beautiful tribute honors his soul. The form of Rhyming Quatrain is new to me and you’ve done a wonderful job with it. Take good care?

Posted 11 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lisasview

11 Months Ago

Thank you so much for reviewing and wishing me the best in my recovery.
I really enjoyed writ.. read more


You are very brave attempting a rhyming quatrain, certainly braver than me and by the looks of it, you have done a decent job .. I particularly like the wording and subject matter which combine to make a fine and fitting tribute and dedication to an obviously much loved father.

Neville, for some reason, still thinking about your clavicle :)

Posted 11 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lisasview

11 Months Ago

Thank you so much for always leaving reviews that inspire me to write more.
Lisa, still deali.. read more
Neville

11 Months Ago


you are most welcome
Fathers are special in so many ways and your poem, those words, show the strength of your and your father's relation, it's wonderful. Memories cling, we want to hang onto them; they become part of each and ever one. You have, Lisa.. this is is a very special tribute to your shared love.

Posted 11 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lisasview

11 Months Ago

Thank you so much for your very kind review Emmajoy...
Lisa
a touching tribute. hope springs eternal. memories are ours forever. the body is a temporary house for the soul. well said and nice format ... :)

Posted 11 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lisasview

11 Months Ago

Delighted you enjoyed my poem and the format.
It was not easy, for many reasons, to write...<.. read more
First the poem itself is a wonderful tribute to a man that did his job as a father. father's are to provide a sense of security and safety. The Quatrain read well and held true to the end. A lovely write.

Posted 11 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lisasview

11 Months Ago

Thank you so very much for your lovely ~ thoughtful review!
I so appreciate it.
Lisa
Lisa,

As an undisciplined noncompliant Creative Writer who merely dabbles in Poetry, I do not critique the work of others, never have and never will, and leave that task to those much more gifted and talented than I ...

If I do not care for a piece, I simply say nothing and do not comment at all of whatsoever ... That is me for all the world to see ...

However, I do praise the work of others, and this excellent memorial and tribute to your father deserves praise and recognition ... Bravo!

Marvin Thomas Cox-Flynn de Graham

Posted 11 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lisasview

11 Months Ago

Hi Marvin,
What a sweetheart you are to leave me such a very kind review.
I am so glad.. read more
I see a special bond between you and your father…..like I had with my father….something special, a big heart, big hands to swathe you in…just something unique….you portray him as loving and kind and your memories are happy ones and will alway be close to your heart….lovely images of him, especially his eyes…… love this Lisa…..
Best, B

Posted 11 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lisasview

11 Months Ago

Hi Betty,
Thank you so much for always reviewing my work.
He was quite something.
read more
Betty Hermelee

11 Months Ago

So was mine!!! And you're very welcome Lisa!
Best, B
My father has always been the most important aspect of my life, despite the fact that I have no memories of him whatsoever. Reading your poem and knowing that you had him until the dear age of 96 makes me so happy. I have always missed what I never had, but I have always been so grateful that others were blessed with the gifts that I was not. This was a lovely way to pay homage to your father. I love the picture.

Posted 11 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lisasview

11 Months Ago

Thank you so much Linda...Yes, the photo is quite something..I too love it. One day I might write a.. read more
Now that was a good poem!!! I felt it. At first I started counting and all that, but the smoothness of your rhyme and ease in writing the subject forced me to just enjoy it. And the photograph really adds to the personal nature of the poem. I could feel the trust and comfort you had in him. Excellent poem!!

Posted 11 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lisasview

11 Months Ago

Hi there,
It is always such a delight to read your reviews. I really appreciate that you unde.. read more
William Michael Reeves

11 Months Ago

Ouch!!! Look on the bright side ... you may become ambidextrous. Pain sucks!! Hope your structure he.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

366 Views
22 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 2, 2023
Last Updated on May 20, 2023

Author

Lisasview
Lisasview

Benitachell, Alicante, Spain



About
I have been writing poetry and short stories since I was 10..so 64 years! I have never connected with any groups but recently thought why not.. So here I ..looking at where this adventure leads me. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..