The Fiery Flower

The Fiery Flower

A Story by Wondering about Wonders

A flower of shade resembling a fierce flame. A shade of orange and red and slight hints of yellow similar to a flame from birth to Adulthood. It was a beautiful flower, the fiercest one I have seen, like it was meant to be gifted to a strong fiery woman on a midsummer night. However, it was a cold navy night; there must be some contradiction here. It had red fruits, maybe tomatoes in their early months; I imagine it tasted poignant- as a fruit flowering from something so fierce could never taste sweet. The mysteries that lie here overpower my concentration and thoughts. Where did that flower come from? What’s it called? How does it beam so vibrant and red in this frozen province? How did such a vibrant flower end up in the hands of an embodiment with a face that read gentleness and tranquility? I judge the situation purely one of contradiction, as the mystery scorched the greatest portion of my thoughts. It was like witnessing a flame burning brighter and fiercer than the sun on waters cooler and transparent than the air itself. The thought remained burning brightly in my mind, and the thought continues to race, what has the flower championed as a name? 

© 2013 Wondering about Wonders


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

206 Views
Added on January 11, 2013
Last Updated on January 12, 2013
Tags: Flower, Fiery, Flaming