Chapter 4

Chapter 4

A Chapter by Preeti
"

Chapter 4 of Semantic Blends: A Chain Novel

"

CHAPTER Four

Written by Mrs. John Smith (Olivia) (http://www.writerscafe.org/allonsy-doctor)

Written for Semantic Blends: A Chain Novel Experiment


--------------------------------------------------------------------


“So what do you say, young man? Life or death?”

Josh didn’t understand at first. The movement had been so subtle, so unmistakable. Then, the young boy felt terror overtake him. The guy that called himself smart was standing rather intelligently in front of him again, putting on airs like he ruled the world. Maybe he did. Josh really wasn’t sure of anything.

But the movement that had struck terror into Josh was when the two “friends” yanked out brandished, shinning guns and pointed them in Josh’s general direction. This guy wasn’t kidding!

Suddenly, Josh felt a hand on his shoulder. “Good morning,” said a deep, gruff voice from behind him. Josh shakily turned around slowly to see an old man. Well, to be perfectly accurate, he looked around seventy with long gray hair and a bushy beard like a fisherman. “Or is it evening? Never mind. It’s hard to tell when you’re blind.”

Josh’s eyebrow involuntarily rose. Now that he was looking, Josh noticed that the old man’s eyes were clouded and looking in no general direction. Josh had always had a curiosity about blind people; how they made their way in the world. But for some reason, Josh had the feeling that the old man wasn’t going to answer any of his questions about blindness.

The “smart” guy snarled, literally. Josh took a step back when the man growled deeply, like a dog, and exposed canine-like teeth that were hidden behind his lips. His pupils dilated, and he looked like he were suddenly going to lunge at the old man and, in doing so, Josh. Josh desperately thought of Josephine in what he thought was his last moments.

The old man was equally snarling. His teeth were now bared, and his clouded eyes were overcome with rage. “Leave the boy alone,” the old man growled in a dangerously low voice. It sent shivers down Josh’s spine. “Sell your drugs and other crap elsewhere. Or else you’ll have to deal with me.”

The “Smart” People took this as an actual warning. They took a step back and then whirled around, racing out of the room and assumingly out of the house.

The old man took his hand off of Josh’s shoulder. “What the hell was that?” Josh demanded, his eyes flashing with fear and confusion. First Sargent Hawk, and now this… What had his life come to?

Without waiting for the old man to explain, Josh, like the “Smart” people, turned tail and ran away, out of the house.



© 2011 Preeti


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

first chapter I enjoyed the most, had a great hook and hanger, was a little rushed but still quite good. As I read on it feels there is no real logical plot. It feels like I am merely looking at significant points on a timeline. There has been no character development, only a serious of diologue that often don`t progress the plot further. Do not mean to sound harsh at all, and no one take offense please, I am merely speaking from a reviewers stand point and am leaving constructive critisism as I see fit in my own opinion. With a whole lot of descriptions, details, character development and edit of the minor typos this could be a success!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

first chapter I enjoyed the most, had a great hook and hanger, was a little rushed but still quite good. As I read on it feels there is no real logical plot. It feels like I am merely looking at significant points on a timeline. There has been no character development, only a serious of diologue that often don`t progress the plot further. Do not mean to sound harsh at all, and no one take offense please, I am merely speaking from a reviewers stand point and am leaving constructive critisism as I see fit in my own opinion. With a whole lot of descriptions, details, character development and edit of the minor typos this could be a success!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

nice job on building the suspence right at the end, very intriging chapter. well done!

Posted 13 Years Ago


good.

Posted 13 Years Ago


It feels a bit weird to be reviewing something posted under my account but ANYWAY...
interesting chapter! A few typos here and there but nothing major. I love the addition of what sounds like a supernatural aspect. This story has definitely turned a lot different than what I had imagined when I wrote the first chapter...but that's the point of a chain novel, isn't it? :D

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

348 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 6, 2011
Last Updated on April 6, 2011


Author

Preeti
Preeti

San Diego, CA



About
College undergraduate with an inconvenient tendency to drift into imaginary worlds. Half of what I think isn't original (as there is so little these days which truly is 100% original) and the other ha.. more..

Writing
Chapter I Chapter I

A Chapter by Preeti


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Preeti


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Preeti