Consumption

Consumption

A Poem by Patricia
"

seasonal affect effects

"
screams rush with the wind
winter seeds itself everywhere
and on everything
my screams, others scream,
no one hears 
except those that do
how does something so natural
appear so unnatural?
biting at the sloppy fleshy 
bits and pieces overhanging
edges of tribulation
that screamers concede to,
at least for the seeding
for now we thickly paint ourselves
with chocolate browns and
gravy grays and lick
our frosted lips
and toast with giggle bubbles
devouring the cold pangs
into profound obesity and 
for a moment, content

© 2023 Patricia


Author's Note

Patricia
hello my poetic friends, so sorry to be away for so long. Many of you have written in concern and I assure you I am still alive and so far healthy but have been very busy with those friends and family that are not. I have not intentionally ignored your calls and letters but as you know one can only handle what we can when we can. I have missed you and thank you for your letters and calls and hope you are healthy and happy.

I am also getting used to a new computer so I hope this new poem comes through alright but if not let me know cuz I am still learning how to navigate this tech and you all know this is not my forte LOL.

Hugs and kisses
Love P

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I think it's instinct to fatten up for the winter. Prepare for the cold with insulation. Now the need is gone, but not the drive to consume. I'm guessing a lot of people who are overweight have wished they could eat themselves. Interesting ideas in this poem Patricia.

Posted 1 Year Ago


Im intrigued how this is sublime and with a sugar fix mix, it was interesting how screaming sounds paradoxical with giggling in sugar rush. Kudos!
Plz also read and comment my newest poem too.


Posted 1 Year Ago


This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Patricia

1 Year Ago

thank you for your comment
Seems to me that winter time is usually a time of walking with eyes to the ground and being too cold to casually stroll and make eye contact with anyone unless they are lying on the ground, but now we have the added concerns of an unjust war biting into everyone's paychecks and bills and the cost of living rising at "oh for fecks sake" levels, leaving us with so little breathing space it's a surprise we don't see more collapsed on the ground, never mind struggling to join them ourselves.
We all look like bundled up versions of Munch's scream trying to hold it all in and for the most part succeeding, just.
Roll on spring and summer and pretty please with a big cherry on top, a bit more sanity in a world getting more unsane by the minute.


Posted 1 Year Ago


Patricia

1 Year Ago

thank you dear Lorry
Good to see a post from you Patricia. A delayed response because the site had an outage for two days. Pleased to hear you are healthy. Looking after those who are not, comes with family. I too have my fair share. I have always found contentment in a bar or two of chocolate when the going gets tough. Winter can be cruel and cold. Have a hug and take care of yourself.

Chris

Posted 1 Year Ago


Patricia

1 Year Ago

thank you dear Chris
Silent screamers in winter white; tis the season of agony, misery, pain; only some respond to the screams ; seeds diffuse with the frigid wind, scatter everywhere...everything is unnatural because the earth is dark without color... few screams are heard, others silent....too arctic to blend with nature....so we take part in inside events, like gorging ourselves on food and playing silly games... content for now! I like your metaphors about winter and dark moods... soon we will see some happy screams!
Hugs to you and welcome back P.
Love
Me


Posted 1 Year Ago


Patricia

1 Year Ago

thank you B Hugs
Betty Hermelee

1 Year Ago

you're welcome dear P... when you get a chance, please read the last trilogy of poems starting with.. read more
dearest Patricia... lovely to read your words. There are so many things to take up our time;
however, we are given lovely skies and birdsong to give us Courage. I have left Pumpkin Seeds
embedded in the Earth... always hoping for a Pumpkin Patch. Good Luck with your new computer.
tenderly. Pat

Posted 1 Year Ago


Patricia

1 Year Ago

thank you Pat Hugs!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

170 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 30, 2023
Last Updated on January 30, 2023