Constant

Constant

A Story by Chara

Death is a lonely friend. He knocks on my cherry red door during the middle of the night, hindering the good night’s embrace. His intentions remain a mystery to me even unto this day.

A mixture of thoughts and different emotions linger around me like a dust in the corner of the room patiently waiting to be swept. The smell of nostalgia barged into my mind as I thought of the first time Death and I met.

As I was striding along the 32nd Street, I saw Death. I was fixated on how helpless he looked, with his broken wings and feathers scattered all over the pavement. Slanted onyx eyes devoid of any emotions looked back at me.

It has been years since then, and Death still clings lovingly to me. He became so dear that his entirety slips into my thoughts every now and then.

Death is an ambrosia. As I dive into his entirety, I momentarily forget the emptiness that looms over me. The taste of euphoria masks the impending doom of addiction so narcotic that I fail to notice my sinking cheeks and willowy arms.

“Death, do you still love me?” I muttered.

“Yes.”

That three-lettered word put me in a daze. How can someone love me so much despite the state that I’m in?

“Be with me.” Death whispered softly with deep affection.

“Of course.” I uttered without reluctance as he engulfed me in the warmth of his embrace.

© 2019 Chara


Author's Note

Chara
What do you think?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

we think only of the agony of death.. sometimes the agony is life.. and death becomes the Knight in Shining Armor that comes to the rescue.. this is very well written.. and comforting in it's way..

Posted 3 Years Ago


a sad but yet strong visual write, I like this one a lot. So nicely expressed feelings.....

Posted 4 Years Ago


This is some very good, strong writing. Although the darkness of it isn't something I care to embrace, I have to give credit where it is due. Clearly, the speaker has an affinity for death.

Posted 4 Years Ago


I agree, it is terrifuingly beautiful. 💜

Posted 4 Years Ago


Yes if he spoke to me that way I think I too would be unable to deny. Dangerously beautiful piece. Love the analogies. Great atmosphere. Thank you for sharing.

Posted 4 Years Ago


Chara

4 Years Ago

hello! thank you for those kind words :D i wrote this for our creative writing class. glad you liked.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

94 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 28, 2019
Last Updated on July 31, 2019
Tags: Death, short story, analogy, love


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..